Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED form editor doesn’t show my custom post types in dropdown for post types

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

The 2 post types that I created are:

- Anmeldungen

- Veranstaltungen

They don't show up in the dropdown selector on the post forms page. When I try to edit the post form "Anmeldung", I can't save the settings, as the relation to the post type "Anmeldung" gets lost.

Interesting observation: I can create new custom post types that show up correctly (e.g. the "TestbeitragstypenTD" that I created today). So the problem is related specifically to my 2 post types that I had created a few weeks ago. I had edited the form several times over the past weeks without any problems.

Unfortunately there ist ongoing activity and data input on the production website, so I need a solution to repair the problem without redefining all the data structure.

Solution:

Q1) The 2 post types don't show up in the dropdown selector on the post forms page.

Since you setup those two post types as not "publicly_queryable", so CRED will not be able to edit/create those post, for example you can try this:

Edit the post type "Anmeldungen", in section "Options", enable the option "publicly_queryable", and test again.

More help:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type#publicly_queryable

publicly_queryable

(boolean) (optional) Whether queries can be performed on the front end as part of parse_request().

Q2) form "Anmeldung", I can't save the settings, as the relation to the post type "Anmeldung" gets lost.

Same as above, you will need to enable the option "publicly_queryable" for post type "Anmeldungen", and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type#publicly_queryable

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by thomasD-2 Il y a 6 années.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I created a booking system for a Yoga studio over the past weeks, it worked well and went live a few days ago.
Now I'm trying to make a small change to a CRED post form. But when I'm trying to save my changes, the form has lost the settings for for connected post types. In the dropdown option at the top of the page I can see only pages, posts and a post type that is connected by the theme, but none of the custom post types that I created via Types.
Furthermore I cannot create a new form that is connected to my custom post types.

On the toolset dashboard page my customs post types and the related forms are shown correctly.

Any idea how to fix this?

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again, check if there is any JS error too:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#javascript-debugging

3) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Anmeldung.JPG

Thanks for the details, I can import your database dump file in my localhost.

Q1) The 2 post types don't show up in the dropdown selector on the post forms page.

Since you setup those two post types as not "publicly_queryable", so CRED will not be able to edit/create those post, for example you can try this:
Edit the post type "Anmeldungen", in section "Options", enable the option "publicly_queryable", and test again.

More help:
publicly_queryable
(boolean) (optional) Whether queries can be performed on the front end as part of parse_request().

Q2) form "Anmeldung", I can't save the settings, as the relation to the post type "Anmeldung" gets lost.

Same as above, you will need to enable the option "publicly_queryable" for post type "Anmeldungen", and test again.

I have tried it in my localhost, it works fine, see screenshot Anmeldung.JPG

Thx for the quick and helpful support. Indeed it works now with the setting "publicly_queryable".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.