Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED form creates Content fine – How do I Get the CRED form made to EDIT to work

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Greg Il y a 8 années.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Auteur
Publications

As the title says, I can create the Content with one CRED form - it is a custom post type called "Maintenance&Repair"

I have created a 2nd CRED form to EDIT the content of the same custom post type.

Your documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-cred-forms/
says NOTHING about how to get the 2nd form to work to 'Edit' the already existing content.

Please advise, and update that tutorial so others may learn.
Thanks.

Bigul
Supporter
Image1.png
Image2.png

Dear Greg,

Sorry, We are upgrading CRED features and it tutorials soon.

You can insert CRED forms in two ways. Edit Normal and Edit Advanced Options.

For edit normal you can insert a CRED form to Post like this [cred_link_form form="Post Edit" text="Edit %TITLE%" target="_self"], Please check Image1.

For Advanced Options you have few more options, like you can choose a Post for edit. Please check Image2

--
With Regards

Bigul

--
With Regards

Bigul

Ok, well as it stands, CRED ISN'T very helpful as I was hoping we could simple create some form of "EDIT" Link that would repopulate all the information FROM the post we were viewing INTO the CRED form I created for Editing.

If I have to create a CRED form for EVERY SINGLE POST that is EVERY going to be created . . . well that is next to completely pointless for me.

HERE is my FEATURE request:
Have an "Edit" link that appears RIGHT ON THE POST ITSELF that when clicked opens a CRED EDIT form where the data can then be edited and saved.

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Greg,

Easy solution for this will be you can design a View Template for a Post Type(For example Post or a Custom Post Type). Please check following tutorial for more details.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

--
With Regards

Bigul

Hi Bigul.
How does that help me populate a posts content in the CRED Edit Form I create?
Are you suggesting that I "Display the post content INSIDE the CRED form itself?

Thanks for the clarification.

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Greg,

View Templates help you to create a Template for a Post Type. So you can create a View Template for your Post Type. In that template you can insert CRED Edit form for that Post Type. It will help you to show the edit link in all the Posts of that Post Type.

--
With Regards

Bigul

I give this a try shortly, but what I WANT the system to do is this:

If a post needs to be "Edited", when I click the "Edit Link" >>>While VIEWING any particular post <<< I'd like THAT posts content to "repopulate" the associated Fields of the CRED Edit Form.

I don't want to have to scroll through Thousands of Posts to FIND the one that I'd like to edit when I am ALREADY viewing it.
Is this possible or not?

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Greg,

Yes that is possible. Views Template allows you to create Template for a Single Post and Post Type. In your case you can design Template for your Post Type and add CRED Edit link on it. After that when you visit a Post you can view the edit link. Please try and let me know your feedback.

--
With Regards

Bigul

Cred edit link code generation.PNG

Ok, I have it working. The partial solution for this was in your previous post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-creates-content-fine-how-do-i-get-the-cred-form-made-to-edit-to-work/#post-165090

<Quote>
. . . Edit Normal and Edit Advanced Options.
For edit normal you can insert a CRED form to Post like this [cred_link_form form="Post Edit" text="Edit %TITLE%" target="_self"], Please check Image1. . . .
<End Quote>

That Code is exactly what I needed.

What was missing from THAT reply what WHERE to insert that code, (IT IS ADDED TO THE CUSTOM CONTENT TYPES "TEMPLATE")

. . . and WHERE you went to insert/create that code (SEE ATTACHED IMAGE) which you had in the collapsed view of your picture, but of course I didn't know where or how you got there (It was part of the "Custom Content Template" creation process).

So for others who may be looking for this:

1) Create your CRED Edit Form in CRED
2) Create your "Post Type" or "Custom post type" Template
3) Place your cursor where it is you want the Link to appear within the "Post Type" or "Custom post type" Template select the CRED Short code selector and choose "Edit Content Form" (SEE Attached Picture)

And you should be good to go.