Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED edit form not showing

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Gregor Il y a 7 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Tia.

Auteur
Publications
Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-14 um 13.37.32.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-14 um 13.37.10.png

I have created a CRED form to modify CPT content on front end.

The edit form shows and works fine when I choose to show it directly on the CPT single page
Works fine, shows form -> [cred_form form='95' form_name='Modificar Uniforme']

But: when I choose to show the link "Edit Content", after clicking the link the page just reloads and the link disappears but no edit form becomes visible/available to edit the content.
Not working, no form -> [cred_link_form form='95' form_name='Modificar Uniforme' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self']

The link url looks like this: hidden link
but no form is visible.

Please, what am I missing?

WP: 4.6.1
Theme: Toolset Starter (child)
Plugins: only Toolset plugins installed, all up-to-date,

Thanks
Gregor

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

I few things to check:

a. Make sure a layout is assigned to this particular page:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-getting-started-guide/

b. Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just the first 50 lines or so will do. Please censor sensitive information.

I can enable the private box if you want to pass a private link from Google Drive or Dropbox instead. Just ask me to enable the private box.

Hello Tia, thanks for taking this on!

- A layout is/was assigned for my CPT single pages.

- I did what you said and modified my wp-config-php, than visited the CPT single page and clicked the link that should open the form.
The form did not opened but no debug.log file was created in the wp-content folder.
I then set WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to TRUE but also no errors on the screen visible.

Last night I uploaded the site to a web server and I could give you a login details if you enable the privat box.

Thanks,
Gregor

Tia

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will request to duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Tia

Thank you for that information. I am looking into the issue and will respond shortly after investigating.

Tia

Just a quick update to let you know I am still debugging on my end. Thank you for your patience.

Tia

Hello, Gregor. Thank you for your patience.

I am having trouble locating the issue. There are no errors present and I took several debugging steps that should have at least pointed us in a better direction.

I am currently consulting with my team. Please let me know if you have any questions for me.

Hello, Tia.

No questions! Just glad you're still at it.

regards & good luck!
Gregor

Tia

Hello, Gregor. The CRED needs to go in a visual editor and not a content template cell. Please see the example I added:

hidden link

Click the 2nd 'Edit Pantalon Corto' link:
hidden link

Hello Tia,

thanks a lot.
I've learned something new today 🙂

Problem solved, all works as expected now!!
Thanks again.

Gregor

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.