Skip Navigation

[Résolu] cred-delete-relationship link not displaying for custom role

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

I'm trying to use cred-delete-relationship shortcode to unlink event and gallery posts in a many-many relationship. I have the shortcode set up inside a view as the docs say to do:

[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='gallery-event' redirect='self']Delete[/cred-delete-relationship]

Regular "Administrator" users can see and use the link just fine, but my custom "Gallery Manager" user cannot. I've given the Gallery Manager role the "manage_options" which I've read was necessary.

Solution:

In order to delete the relationship with shortcode [cred-delete-relationship]:
Acceptance criteria:

- when you visit the post in the frontend as admin: you should see a list of post related entities AND a button to delete the relationship between each of them.

- when you visit the post in the frontend as a user that HAS NO permissions to edit one of the post types: you should see a list of post related entities and NO button.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-delete-relationship-link-not-displaying-for-custom-role/#post-2011597

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidS-53 Il y a 3 années.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 2.36.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 2.23.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 2.22.46 PM.png

I'm trying to use cred-delete-relationship shortcode to unlink event and gallery posts in a many-many relationship. I have the shortcode set up inside a view as the docs say to do:

[cred-delete-relationship role_items='$fromViews' relationship='gallery-event' redirect='self']Delete[/cred-delete-relationship]

Regular "Administrator" users can see and use the link just fine, but my custom "Gallery Manager" user cannot. I've given the Gallery Manager role the "manage_options" which I've read was necessary.

Not sure what's going on here?

Hello,

I have checked it in your to-do list, here is the feedback from our developers:
In order to delete the relationship with shortcode [cred-delete-relationship]:
Acceptance criteria:
- when you visit the post in the frontend as admin: you should see a list of post related entities AND a button to delete the relationship between each of them.
- when you visit the post in the frontend as a user that HAS NO permissions to edit one of the post types: you should see a list of post related entities and NO button.

So you can try these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access control-> Post Types
Find all post types related with "gallery-event" relationship, for example "gallery", "event" and intermediator post type "gallery-event", enable all privileges to user role "Gallery Manager", and test again

Ahh, thanks Luo. Bit of a workaround but it won't matter at all in this case. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.