Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Creating posts in multiple languages via frontend

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 5 années.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I was wondering how does it look now the suggested workflow for creating and editing posts in multiple languages via frontend (along with WPML plugin)? Some time ago it wasn't so easy and user friendly. But since the last time I investigated that issue a number of crucial updates were done to Toolset. So does frontend post creating/editing functionality is compatible with WPML?

Best

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - You can use the WPML API to copy the post to all other languages with use of Tooslet Forms hook and later edit each language post version with Toolset post Edit form.

There is no major change added how we handle the post add/edit using Toolset forms for WPML.

If you have any queries please feel free to contact us.

So as I understand, basically, I could make a checkbox in a form for creating a new post/page, like “Translate this post”, which when checked would result in creating a draft of translation for further editing and publishing?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - that's a possibility as well.

You can use the Toolset Form's API hook cred_save_data

Please check the following related ticket that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/auto-duplicate-frontend-submission-forms-posts-to-all-languages/

Mor info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.