Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Create a link that will always open the most recent post

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 9 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by jamesG-3 Il y a 9 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hi everyone. I am wondering if there is a way to create a URL that will go in my main Nav that will be able to open the most recent post of a certain type. I have a link that says TV, and I would like when clicking on it for it to open the full page for whichever is the most recently posted content with the type TV. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Dear James,

You can create a View that shows only 1 post and sort it by date descending to get only the last one.

In the View Layout you have to personalise the look of this post.

After you can include a shortcode for this View in a new page and you can add this page to the menu.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards
Caridad

That worked a treat simply copying over the content template into a view and placing that within a page. Thanks!

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.