Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Converting from posts2posts by Scribu

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 5 années et 10 mois.

Auteur
Publications

For years I’ve used Scribus posts2posts plugin and I’d like to convert over to the post type relationships offered by toolset.

I have around 1000 posts with varying degree of relationships between post types and ideally don’t want to have to manually re-create the relationships.

With scribus plugin being the previous go to post relationship option for many devs due to lack of similar options, is there a quick way of doing a changeover without manually updating all posts / relationships?

No, because we don’t know how those relationships where stored

We use a new method with custom database tables, and previously we used hidden custom fields

What uses this plugin to create relationships?

If they have an API it may be possible to somehow migrate this relationship with custom code, where you get the existing relations and add new ones with the Toolset API
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/

If you can tell us more about the plugin maybe we can outline the how to steps

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.