Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Content template goes blank when content added

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 5 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Complete a document that uses many conditionals

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: A long page full of content

Instead, I got: A blank page

I have successfully been using Toolset for a while, and this page has a load of content on it (approx 1500 lines). However, I am experiencing what I believe to be a timeout. This is a very 'conditional-heavy' page, because it's a structured document. I have removed pre-processing of the page as per my previous support ticket, but now this page seems to hit a 'content limit' and then render a blank page. Please see this video of the error: hidden link - you can see here (hidden link) where I've managed to add, just a single character and it clears the entire page. (Since taking the video, I've deactivated all other plugins so am able to add a couple more characters, but not many)

I have increased my memory limits to 512M which should be adequate, I've also implemented the debugging suggestions mentioned here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/?utm_source=viewsplugin&utm_campaign=views&utm_medium=toolset-settings&utm_term=documentation%20page?utm_source=viewsplugin&utm_campaign=views&utm_medium=toolset-settings&utm_term=documentation%20page and I'm getting no output whatsoever in either the error-log.txt file (the one error in there was because I tried to increase my memory limit to 1GB), console or even my server php error log - so I am totally stumped.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website, and in the content template "Privacy Policy V2":
You are using a lots of nested [wpv-conditional] shortcodes, for example:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-securing-information-do-you-have-an-ssl-certificate-installed-on-your-website) eq 'yes' )"]
            encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, 
            [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-does-your-website-have-any-kind-of-ecommerce-online-sales-functionality) eq 'yes' )"]
                encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology,
            [/wpv-conditional]
        [/wpv-conditional]

It is not recommended to use such kinds of codes insider a large content template, that will conduct some unexpected result.

I suggest you split the content template into multiple content templates, for example: one row one content template

<div class="row1">[wpv-post-body view_template="row-1"]</div>
<div class="row2">[wpv-post-body view_template="row-2"]</div>
<div class="row3">[wpv-post-body view_template="row-3"]</div>

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

and do not use nested [wpv-conditional] shortcodes in a single content template, for example, one [wpv-conditional] shortcode, one content template:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-securing-information-do-you-have-an-ssl-certificate-installed-on-your-website) eq 'yes' )"]
            [wpv-post-body view_template="anther-content-template"] here display another content template "anther-content-template"
        [/wpv-conditional]

In the content template "anther-content-template", display the insider codes:

encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, 
            [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-does-your-website-have-any-kind-of-ecommerce-online-sales-functionality) eq 'yes' )"]
                encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology,
            [/wpv-conditional]

And test again.

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. OK, this makes sense, though it's a little frustrating that I now need to re-work over 1000 lines of code. However, if this is a solution that works, I'm happy.

Is there any limit to the number of nested content templates - so for instance if I had a conditional with a content template inside, with a conditional with another nested content template inside it, that would be considered 2 levels. Is this possible?

Yes, it is possible, to use more nested level with more content template, please let me know if you need more assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.