Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Conflict with PaidMembershipPro Paypal Express

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by triggeru571 Il y a 7 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

There is a conflict between Types and the PaidMembershipPro payment gateway for PayPal Express.

After attempting to make a payment with PayPal express two things happen:

1) User is redirected to the checkout page after payment but gets a 404 error.

2) The payment is not actually made.

If types is disabled, it works fine. Please enable Private Messages so I give you access to the staging website and further information to help debug.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Thanks for getting in touch.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes.

Please provide steps I can use to reproduce the problem, thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

I logged in to the site but I don't know what the workflow is for me to make a payment and trigger the redirect and see the error (and test with and without Types).

Could you please describe the steps I should follow. I assume you are using a paypal sandbox account for testing.

Hi, Nigel. I added the workflow to the Private Reply. Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

It turns out the issue isn't a conflict with the Paid Membership Pro plugin.

I deactivated all plugins except Types and switched to the twentyseventeen theme to eliminate conflicts, and tried the problematic urls you provided above.

Even with the Paid Membership Pro plugin deactivated I was still getting 404s.

So, I took note of the url parameters in the problematic links and checked your Types content.

The problem arises because in one of your links the url parameter "review" is used, and this is the slug of one of your Custom Post Types. I have changed the slug to 'review-posts'.

Another of your links includes the parameter "campaign", which is also the slug of one of your custom taxonomies, which I have changed to 'campaign-tax'.

I've left the site in that state, with Paid Membership Pro activated, and you will find that the links all resolve correctly.

You may want to choose alternative slugs, but you will need to avoid ones that clash with the url parameters used in those links.

Hmmm, OK - I will check this out thanks.

That's great Nigel. I re-enabled everything and it's working perfectly. Thanks to you I know what to look out for. I will roll this fix out on the live site tomorrow. Thanks a million!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.