Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Conflict between CRED and third party plugin

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 6 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

My previous support thread was closed automatically while I was away:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conflict-between-cred-and-third-party-plugin/

The patch offered did not work. I am still experiencing the exact same issue, even after the CRED_Admin.php was updated to the patched version.

All other details remain the same as before.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I downloaded the Soliloquy plugin and tested the patch from the errata and confirm it does not help in this case.

The problem relates to a version clash of codemirror libraries used both by Toolset and by the soliloquy plugin. The patch was specifically to address a version clash with the Avada theme, and our developers are working on a universal fix.

I have escalated this thread and attached it to the relevant internal ticket for tracking, and I'll update you when we have some progress.

While creating or editing your CRED forms you may have to temporarily disable the soliloquy plugin, sorry for the inconvenience.

Nigel
Supporter

I heard back from the developers who have reviewed this and confirmed that the issue is with versioning clashes relating to codemirror, and it has been taken up by the compatibility team.

They will contact the soliloquy plugin author, as that plugin is using an outdated version of codemirror, and encourage them to upgrade.

In the meantime there is not much we can do, you may need to continue temporarily disabling soliloquy while editing your CRED forms and then re-activating it.

I appreciate that that is not much of a solution but the compatibility team will look to see if we can do something else on our end.

Nigel
Supporter

Reviewing my escalated threads I note from the discussion in the internal tickets that although the plugin author needs to update their CodeMirror library, their plugin provides a hook which you can use to prevent it loading its assets when editing CRED forms so that the conflict should not arise.

You can try adding the following to your theme's functions.php file (or use a plugin such as Code Snippets):

add_filter( 'soliloquy_skipped_posttypes', 'cred_soliloquy_fix', 10, 1 );
function cred_soliloquy_fix( $post_types ){
	unset( $post_types['cred-form'] );

return $post_types;
}

Sorry for the delay in proposing this, let me know if you still experience any problems.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.