Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Condition based on time

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by emerson Il y a 7 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: emerson.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: show the words "We're Open" between the hours of 11am and 1:59am and show "We're Closed" between the hours of 2am and 10:59am.

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-to-show-html-based-on-condition-of-the-current-eastern-time/

I have created a new shortcode with the code from the link above and tried using their conditional statement but it did not work.

I also tried this:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time]' gte '2:00' ) AND ( '[new_time]' lt '11:00' )"]We're Closed[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time]' gte '11:00' ) AND ( '[new_time]' lt '2:00' )"]We're Open[/wpv-conditional]

hidden link

1.jpg

Dear Donald,
Please follow these steps below to resolved this issue:

->Add this simple code to your functions.php that will handle the analyzing of time in your own preferred timezone

// Add Shortcode
function new_time( $atts ) {

$timezone_string 	= '';
	$times				= '';
	if ( isset( $atts['tz'] ) ) {
		$tz = $atts['tz'];
		if ( ( is_string( $tz ) ) && ( !empty( $tz ) ) ) {
			$timezone_string = $tz;			
		}		
	}
	if ( !empty ( $timezone_string ) ) {
		$reset_timezone	 = date_default_timezone_get();
		date_default_timezone_set( $timezone_string );
		$minutes = date('i', time());
		$hours = date('G', time());

//Pure minutes
		$minutes =intval( $minutes );

//Converted to hours
		$hour_extra = $minutes/60;

//Hours now
		$times = $hours + $hour_extra;
		date_default_timezone_set( $reset_timezone );		
	}

return $times;

}
add_shortcode( 'new_time', 'new_time' );

->In the backend, Toolset ->Settings -> Front end content-> Third-party shortcode arguments -> register 'new_time' as shortcode. See screenshot attached.

->Now to use this shortcode in your content template code , you can use as follows:

[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' gte '2' ) AND ( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' lt '10.9999' )"]We're Closed[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' gte '11' ) AND ( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' lt '13.9999' )"]We're Open[/wpv-conditional]

Explanation: Time is using 24-hour pure hours format. So if its 2am, its 2. If its 10:59 am ,its 10.999. If 1:59 pm, its 13.999.

->In the sample Content Template code, please change 'America/New_York' in the shortcode tz shortcode parameter to your own timezone string. You can get a list of timezone strings here:

hidden link

Check under TZ column.

The above solution is tested as working in our local installation. So that should work for you as well. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Emerson

The closing time is actually 1:59AM not PM....would it still be 1.999?

Would this work?

[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' gte '2' ) AND ( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' lt '10.9999' )"]We're Closed[/wpv-conditional]
			[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' gte '11' ) AND ( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' lt '24' )"]We're Open[/wpv-conditional]
       		[wpv-conditional if="( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' gte '0' ) AND ( '[new_time tz="America/New_York"]' lt '1.9999' )"]We're Open[/wpv-conditional]

Hi Donald,
1:59 am is something like (1+ 59/60) = 1.999. It should work, just tried it in your site its the best way to test this thing 🙂 If it does not work, please provide login credentials to your site and we are happy to check it if its not working. Let me know the page where this is outputted on front end as well as the backend. Thanks!

Cheers,
Emerson

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.