Skip Navigation

[Résolu] clean up

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer wanted to know if there is a way to permanently delete all the old custom fields that were created in types that are not being used.

Solution:
To remove old unused Custom Fields you just need to go to the post field control page at this link here : wp-admin/admin.php?page=types-field-control&domain=posts

This way you can remove your unused custom fields.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Auteur
Publications

hej toolset.

with doing more and more development with (fabulous) toolset, i wonder if there is a common way of cleaning up?
since renaming (e.g. type errors) resolve to additional fields i am looking for a way to really get them securely out of the database. when using third party overview products like admin-columns-pro i can even select those outdated entries.
any recommendations?

best,
s

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You are asking for a way to delete old unused custom fields correct?

If so then you just need to go to the post field control page at this link here : wp-admin/admin.php?page=types-field-control&domain=posts

This way you can remove your unused custom fields.

Thanks,
Shane

thanks shane, 85% of what i was looking for. final 15% for …
is there any indicator for filed in use (or opposite 'outdated')? 😉

thanks again for your help in advance!

best,
s

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Fields that are not being used are highlighted in red.

Thanks,
Shane

100%! 🙂

Hello,
Apologies for bring this post back to life, but i have a quick related question.

If we delete the fields from the "Post Field Control" dashboard, does that also delete all current content associated with that field? Or just this just delete the fields, leaving the data untouched in the db?

I'm looking for a way delete the field and all the data that is assigned to that field as a way to clean up old and unused data from a site with thousands of posts/pages.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.