Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Changing select2-behaviour of Layouts-cell-editing-page

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Juan Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Juan.

Auteur
Publications

Hi there!

While waiting for a solution for the error in Layouts-Setting-Page, I'll take the chance to bring in a feature request: In my opinion the select2-behavior is really bad. It's not the first time, that an update broke this function.

I mean the select2-function, when inserting a content-template in Layouts, which should render a specific site using a content-template. Since your last update the dropdown for choosing a page doesn't work anymore (see my thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-content-window-doesnt-work-anymore/). And in one of your last updates, the dropdown worked, but the "view more" button didn't (see this thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-view-more-button-for-sites-doesnt-work-anymore/).

In my opinion it isn't a userfriendly solution, especially when having lots of pages. You always have to click on the "view more"-button, wait, scroll down to the next "view-more"-button, click, wait, scroll, … And the above search-form doesn't search in all pages, only in the ones which are listed below. Besides the fact, that it doesn't work sometimes – it's really not the best user-experience.

It would be a big timesaver, if all sites would load without the need to load more. Or if the search-field would bring up results regarding all pages. There is a much better solution, when assigning a Layout to a page: There you can search inside all pages by switching to the tab "search". That's much better.

Is there a chance to get this in as a feature request?
Best regards, Diana

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Diana

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we rsorted to select2 as just a helper. This same kind of problem also affects WordPress itself as a platform: when dealing with lots of data, there is no proper, native day of displaying it in chunks, or to ofer a proper search functionality. select2 provides a way to lod some, and then more, and also perform a search, so it should be a functional solution.

We also now that somehow our latest updates regarding this have been a little problematic. That happens when you rely on a third party library, like in this case. select2 had a breaking upgrade version released some month (I would say years) ago, and it removed several key functionalities that we, and others, were relying on. That means that when we upgraded to the latests, more supported version, we needed to rewrite several places where we were using it. In addition, other plugins are using this same library, some in the old version, some in the new. And it is becoming a little nightmare 🙂

Now, we take note of your suggestion and we will iterate the GUIs where we use select2 over the time. I truly hope we will be able to bring this to your expectations.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.