Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Can't update values in custom fields after the recent update

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Waqar Il y a 3 années.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi Waqar,

So I was on to Luo a minute ago regarding the upload forbidden issue. I followed his instruction, deleted Types and uploaded the latest version manually. But, when I went back to plugins > Commercial and tried using the built in interface I had the same issue updating Blocks. So I didi the same as I did for Types. That is done now, so I want to park that issue for the moment.

The initial issue relates to the update I did yesterday. After doing this I went to test the custom fields in a post. What I discovered is that if I add a value and update it save once. Then if I go back in and remove the value, no matter how many times I remove the item and update the value is stuck in the field.

As this was not acceptable and I couldn't find an immediate solution to the problem I used SiteGround tools to roll back the site to a state prior to the update. This fixed the updating issues and my changes persisted. This morning I attempted the updates again and I got the forbidden messages. As I said above I want to leave that issue aside for the moment as I need to solve the other issue first.

When I manually updated to the latest version of Types again, as per Luo's instruction, the issue of not saving updates occurred again?

Ok, I did a quick troubleshooting spree by using the default WP theme and all but Toolset plugins enabled and the issue persists. I activated the main text area editor, which I have hidden for this post type and there is no issue here.

I also checked a single field on the post type Years that I have set up as a parent to Prints. This groups the artists' work by year ranges. The main field denotes this year range with a text label. Changing this and then back didn't seem to be problematic.

So the sticky issue seems to relate specifically to the custom field group attached to the Print type.

For the moment I have rolled back the site to yesterday, pre the Types update so that we can work on the site.

I suggest that I send the site installer so that you can install locally and step through the updates and see where the issue is happening.

Please send Duplicator upload feature.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the update and I've set your next reply as private.

You're welcome to share the duplicator package as explained here:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

On the WordPress access details above, it will be whatever local install path you have to the site + wp-login.php

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details and the duplicator package.

I'll be investigating this on my server and will share my findings with you, through this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During testing, I was able to reproduce this behavior on my test website too.

With the latest Types (2.4.6), it is possible to add or update the custom field values, but, they can't be removed or saved as blank.

Appreciate you brought this forward and it has been reported to the concerned team.

I'll keep you updated through this ticket and for now, a workaround is to downgrade to Types 3.4.5.

Thanks Waqar,

I will await updates.

In the meantime I could update Toolset Blocks, but probably best to wait the fix with Types which I currently have set as you recommended (2.4.6).

I have many other sites where Toolset has been updated. I should check through these for the same issue.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 10.50.18.png

Hi Waqar,

Just checking in again to let you know that I found the issue on two other sites. One of the sites is local for testing so no big deal. It seems to occur randomly and is usually associated with a field group. On the local site it only effected one group, all the rest were fine.

on the live site it was effecting all the custom field groups. I resolved the issue. For your own notes, I upgraded and downgraded on a local install from the same installer I sent for Vincent's site. As not live I was cavalier with swapping in the Types version and in doing so discovered something useful. I think this maybe related to a new feature in WordPress. I thought I had the newer version of Types removed as I proceeded to upload the previous version. You get a screen that asks you if you want to overwrite the installed version with the version uploaded. I went ahead with this and it worked out fine. My assumption was that you had to delete the installed version before unloading the old one. With awfully slow internet here, that means some downtime for types and therefore the need to throw up a maintenance page. As you will agree hassle.

I did again for the live site and this time I left Types active, all with the safety net of my SIteGround backup to hand if all went wrong.

All went smoothly.

I attach a screenshot of the overwrite option.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for sharing these details.

I've checked the status and a fix for this will be covered in the next release of Types (3.4.7), which is expected to roll out very soon.

I'll keep you updated here.

Thanks Waqar,

I will look out for that update.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that a fix for this issue was covered in Toolset Types plugin version 3.4.7.

You're welcome to update and let us know, in case you still experience something out of place.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.