Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Can't edit Pages/Posts after inserting a shortcode using a View-in-View

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Torbjörn Il y a 7 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
aumann_beta-version-view-in-view.jpg

I am trying to:
List WooCommerce Sub-Categories under their Parent Category

I visited this URL:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

I expected to see:
The Listing I mentioned above.

Instead, I got:
The Result is exactely what I expected to see - everything is fine so far - but when I'm trying to edit the Page/Post where I inserted the views shortcode Nothing happens for a while, until I get a Gateway Timeout.

At first I got a Fatal Error sayin that allowed memory size is exhausted but after increasing the memory size to 512M I just receive the 504 Gateway Timeout.

Dear mirko,

Are we talking about the 504 error in wordpress admin side or you edit the post in front-end with other front-end editor plugin and see 504 error?

It is abnormal in both cases, I suggest you check this first:
deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

Hello Luo,

the Problem lies within the Backend! Im using DIVI 3.x (without LAYOUTS).

No Problems on Frontend - even Frontend Editig is possible! It's just the backend that gets broken!

I'll try further testing the next days and hope to find a solution.

Please update this thread if you need more assistance for it. thanks

Seems like there is a problem with Divi Builder. If I deactivate DIVI and use Elegant Themes Extra instead (which also makes use of the Divi Builder) I get the same Error - but if I use Twenty Sixteen everything is fine.

I'm not using LAYOUTS but put the view directly into a text module.

Yes, there are definetly issues with VIEWS and DIVI - when I deactivate views, I can edit without any difficulties.

I can not duplicate same problem, please follow our document to provide a copy of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost.

How To Provide Supporters With A Copy Of Your Site
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Well, it's not possible to duplicate the site. even if I exclude the images and existing cache files the size is to big for the plugin.

I'll try to install a backup on my local system and see if I get the same erroers there - if not, at least I know that the problem is the server.

Thank you for your support so far - I'll let you know what happens next!

OK, please update this thread if you need more assistance, thanks

For your notice
Have exactly the same problem with Divi and Views

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.