Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Bug With Forgot Password Form

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 13 réponses, has 5 voix.

Last updated by hispavista-s.l.E Il y a 6 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

On this site
hidden link

which is part of a multisite installation when I click on get new password which is generated by this shortcode

[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="/my-account/log-in/" reset_password_url="/my-account/password-reset/"]

I get a 502 Bad gateway error, I noticed that it points to the root "genexsites.com" domain not to the multisite domain "ckdi.ca" or the subdomain "ckdi.genexsites.com", so I added this domains as is explained on this thread

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-forgot-password-form-redirect-not-working-2/

but still no luck, in this other posts it says that it's a known issue and it will be fixed on the 2.3 version

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-forgot-password-form-redirect-not-working/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/possible-bug-with-forgot-password-form/

I am using the 2.4.1 views version so I would like to know if you can help me with this.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chris

I read the threads and the internal ticket.

Regarding how this works on multisite, after much internal discussion it was agreed that we would not override the default WP behaviour, which requires the workaround shown in the first thread you linked to and which is now included in the documentation for the forgot password shortcode (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-forgot-password-form).

So there won't be a fix, as such, it is required to follow those steps.

To repeat them,
- you need to activate Views on the main site installation as well as on your sub-sites (and keep it active)
- add the subdomains to the Safe redirects section of the settings page at Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content.

It occurs to me transcribing those steps that they do not specify which site (main site or sub site) you need to set up the redirect settings (or both).

If you've done the above and updated the settings in one but not the other, could you try both?

ss2.jpg
ss1.jpg

Actually I've done in both main and sub site and tried in just one and then just the other, still no luck here's some screen shots, I'm on WP-Engine by the way, I've noticed that there are several issues with the way they handle cache, may be this is one of them.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

I'm probably going to need to consult with colleagues about this, but can you do one more thing and upgrade to Views 2.5 so that we know you are testing with the current version.

Thanks

Just a heads up, I upgraded the to 2.5 version and the problem still persists.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

Thanks for the update.

Where you insert the wpv-forgot-password-form shortcode, can you use absolute not relative URLs?

Your redirect URLs currently look like "/my-account/log-in/" etc., could you replace those with the complete URL and try again?

Ok in this test url

hidden link

I placed this code

[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="/my-account/log-in/" reset_password_url="/my-account/password-reset/"]
[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" reset_password_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]
[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" reset_password_url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]
[wpv-forgot-password-form]

the first shortcode has relative URL's the second one has absolute link, the third one has abslolute link with the mapped domain and the last one without any redirection option and as you can see none of them work, they send the same 502 Bad Gateway error, =(

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

Thanks for reporting back.

I need the help of colleagues on this, and have requested an online multisite installation that I can share with you to test and demonstrate it working.

When I have that ready I'll set everything up and report back to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Schermata 2017-11-17 alle 01.09.00.png

I have the same problem:

The url for reset the password is no correct:

Email message:
Per reimpostare la tua password visita il seguente indirizzo:
<hidden link;

Thank for your help

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Konstantinos

Could you please open a new thread about the issue? It may or may not be related to this problem and we'll need to get full details from you. You can assign the ticket to me or, if that's not possible, mention me in the thread.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Chris

I have set up an online multisite installation to demonstrate it working.

I've done nothing more on the sites than set up the forgot password form.

The main site installation is at: hidden link

The sub site installation is at hidden link

Views is network installed.

In Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content I whitelisted *.multi-main.supp468789.otgs-yt.tk on both the main site and sub site.

On the sub-site I created a login page and reset password page to redirect to, and a forgot password page, to which I added the wpv-forgot-password shortcode, like so:

I added a user with username toolsetforgot.

In a separate browser I visited the forgot password page and entered this username and submitted the form.

I was correctly redirected to the page hidden link on the same sub-site, rather than being redirected to the main site.

You can visit the forgot password page to try for yourself: hidden link

From your own entries it looks like you have followed the same steps, and so I believe the problem must be with your hosting, and what it permits by way of redirects.

I suggest you contact WP Engine for advice. Under the hood Views simply uses the standard WordPress lost password functions, made available via shortcodes, and I suspect they have some security protocols in place that are interfering

If you or they need some more information, do let me know, and keep me updated if they provide a solution.

Yep, it seems that the test site that you created works perfectly, and yes, I followed the exact same steps that you mentioned and still receiving the same 502 Bad Gateway Error so yeah, i think that WP Engine is blocking is somehow. I'll Mark this issue as resolved and contact the for further assistance.

Thanks a lot for all your help. =)

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this problem with WP Engine?

Ask WPEngine to exlude from caching your login, lost password and reset password urls, and that should work.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.