Skip Navigation

[Résolu] [Bug report with fix] Taxonomy filters not working on taxonomy archive pages

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Taxonomy filter of normal post view does not work as expected in the taxonomy archive page.

Solution:

This is fixed in Views 2.7.3, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 22 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Francesco Il y a 5 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Thanks for the feedback, I will forward it to our 2nd tier supporters.

But there are two tickets in your internal system, both of them are related to this thread, one is marked as bug, escalated to our 2nd tier supporter, the another one is marked "Submitted" state, escalated to our developers, and our developers are already aware this issue, I am not sure when will it be fixed or your codes be applied into Views plugin, I can keep updating this thread when there is any news.

Hi there,
is there any update about this bugfix? I don't understand why this is taking so long. In my very first message (sent 3.5 months ago) I had included the fix, so it should only take a few minutes to apply it to your code.
Please, could you review it and add the fix to the latest version of the plugin?
Thank you.

Unfortunately, this request is in "Unscheduled" status, so it will not be applied to the next version of Views plugin.

Here is the feedback from our developers:

Currently, a View inserted in a taxonomy archive does not support search filters by terms of that taxonomy either, althoguh we do support query filters by terms of that taxonomy (if they do not pack frontend search controls). I tend to believe we should ban both (query and frontend search filters) in both scenarios, but in any case I think we should clarify what happens to Views, as we can not mix supported query filters and unsupported search filters.

I will keep on update here if there is anything news.

Hi,
thanks for your reply, but the feedback from your developers is not clear at all.
If you can't or don't want to fix the bug I would really appreciate it if you could at least add a filter hook so that we can disable this buggy behavior with a snippet of external code.
Feel free to let your devs get in touch directly with us via email for a more effective communication. Please note we are experienced plugin developers ourselves.
Thank you.

Yes, we are not going to support it currently.

To add a filter hook, it needs a new feature request, please let me know if you need split a new feature request ticket for you.

Hi, just a quick update to let you know this issue has been marked for resolution in Views 2.7.3. I don't have an ETA just yet, but I will keep you posted here.

Hi, Views 2.7.3 is now available for download at https://toolset.com/account/downloads and will be available for automatic update later today. Please update to the latest version of all Toolset plugins and let me know if the problem is not completely resolved.

The issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.