Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Bootstrap Modal Not Loading Correctly in View Loop

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Brian Il y a 3 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Modal Error Image 4.png
Modal Error Image 3.png
Modal Error Image 2.png
Modal Error Image 1.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Use a button to load a modal window that relates to a View item to offer the user confirmation before deleting the loop item.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Generic Bootstrap documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Currently login is required. Access can be provided if needed.

I have been having issues with modals in View loops. I have tried various plugins and they all run into one issue or another, so I reverted back to just writing my own with Bootstrap. The modals are inserted into the Content Template as a Cred Form.

Here is one of the Cred forms that generates the problematic modals:

<!-- Trigger the modal with a button -->
<button type="button" class="btn tb-button__link" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal">Delete</button>

<!-- Modal -->
<div id="myModal" class="modal fade" role="dialog">
  <div class="modal-dialog modal-dialog-centered">

<!-- Modal content-->
    <div class="modal-content">
      <div class="modal-header">
        <h2 class="modal-title w-100">Delete Content</h2>
        <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">&times;</button>
      </div>
      <div class="modal-body">
        [wpv-post-body view_template="delete-content"]
      </div>
      <div class="modal-footer justify-content-between">
        <div class="col-md-6">
          [credform]
            [cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Delete' class='btn btn-primary tb-button__link']
          [/credform]
        </div>
        <div class="col-md-6">
          <button type="button" class="btn btn-secondary tb-button__link" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

As you can see, there is nothing complicated or special going on here.

I have one at the top of the Content Template (see image 1), that opens fine, but any of the other ones inside the loop open with several issues (see image 2).

Firstly, the modal window appears under the overlay, rendering them useless (see image 3). If I bypass the modal overlay and just load the modal without it then certain text items from the View load through parts of the modal (see image 4).

It appears that the z-index has no effect on this due to the positioning used as is discussed here:

hidden link

Also I am loading Bootstrap 4 via Toolset, but loading Bootstrap 3 makes no difference either.

This issue is really driving me mad as I'm sure this used to work fine. I just wanted a simple popup to ask if the user was sure and I've wasted a few days on this now one way or another.

Update:

I'm still testing how effective this is, but I have found that if I add the following JS to the form or the content template's editor then it forces the correct behaviour:

jQuery(document).on('show.bs.modal', '.modal', function () {
  jQuery(this).appendTo('body');
});

I'm not sure if there are any side effects to doing this however as JS is not my strong point.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It should work with generic bootstrap but if you see its working as per your expectation without having any side-effect, then this that is OK. If you still need assistance please let me know.

I haven't seen any side effects to using that JS code yet, so I'll close the ticket off. But if there is anything that Toolset could do to help this integration from Bootstrap, then it would be worth investigating as their modals break in your Views if you see what I mean.

Either way, all seems good for now.

Just wanted to report that Dave's JS fix has resolved this same issue for us as well. Thank You Dave!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.