Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Bootstrap CSS overrules custom CSS

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: Bootstrap CSS overrules custom CSS

Solution: There is currently a bug that causes custom CSS files to be loaded in the wrong order, and sometimes Bootstrap is loaded after them. This can result in Bootstrap styles overriding your own custom styles. A temporary solution is to override Bootstrap CSS using more specific selectors:

body.blog { margin:0 auto; }
body.blog .ddl-nav-wrap { margin-top: 6px; }
This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Dido Il y a 6 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Hi, on my site hidden link is 1 page, where the custom CSS is overruled by Bootstrap css.

see hidden link
This proble occurs after latest updates.

it seems strange to me.
is this a bug or do I miss something?

Hi, I can see that the order in which your CSS files are loaded seems to be different on this page. This is a bug that has been reported specifically for the Toolset Starter Theme. Our developers are aware of the issue and are planning to fix this in a future release of Layouts. In the meantime, the best solution I have is to add more specific selectors to the styles you need to override in your own custom CSS. For example, please add the following rules in Layouts CSS and JS:

body.blog { margin:0 auto; }
body.blog .ddl-nav-wrap { margin-top: 6px; }

By adding the .blog class to these selectors you will override Bootstrap's styles. I recommend duplicating the styles that are overridden on the blog page and applying the extra blog class selector to restore your styles. Please let me know if you need assistance with this and I'll be glad to help.

Hi Christian,

this works. I'm not amused about this bug, but thanks for the tip.

Hi, a quick update to let you know that the latest version of Layouts includes a fix for this issue. The new version is now available for download in your accounts area here on wp-types.com. Please feel free to check it out and provide feedback in a new ticket if necessary. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve the source order issue.

Thank you for letting me know!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.