Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Blocks padding around field not working

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 3 années.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications
padding2.jpg
padding.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am formatting the padding area around a Field (Price) using Blocks and inside Archive View. I was able to add Margin/Padding around the other fields except for one. See attached front end and back end screenshots. Not sure why adding padding is not working.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Formatting using Blocks.

Is there a similar example that we can see? See attached.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hi, I see what you're saying - margins and padding do not seem to have an effect on the price block. As a temporary solution, please use a Toolset Container block to apply any necessary margins and padding, then insert the price block inside the Toolset Container block. Does this allow you to achieve the design you want?

I will reach out to my 2nd tier support team to find out more about the problem with margins and padding applied to the price block and give you some feedback shortly.

padding2.jpg

Thanks. The container block method has worked. As a follow up - sometimes there are '??' signs after the date and sometimes there are not - see attached. Any idea what they could be?

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/characters-sometimes-shown-in-block-editor/

Okay I've split the ?? concern into a separate ticket, but I don't see the ?? in the screenshot you attached here. Please follow up in the new ticket with a new screenshot and we'll sort it out. Thank you!

Just a quick update to let you know our 2nd tier team has escalated this issue to the WooCommerce Views developers and asked for a consistency review. The style settings of the Price block and the Add to Cart block, for example, are not applied consistently on the front-end. Some WCViews blocks also do offer the ability to add custom CSS classes or IDs, which seems to be a nearly universal feature in Gutenberg/editor blocks. I will keep you posted as I receive more information about these.

Hi, our developers have released a round of updates that include consistency fixes for margins and padding on WooCommerce-related blocks. Please update to the latest versions of Toolset plugins and let me know if the issue is not fully resolved. If you are not prompted to update to the latest versions yet, you may need to go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab, scroll to the Toolset installer and click "Check for updates".

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.