Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Automatically adding posts of a category to a post group

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

If I understand correctly, Access cannot restrict posts of a certain category automatically; rather each post/page has to be added manually to the post group. That's unfortunate. I'm trying to find a simple way to grant access of to an entire category of posts based on a custom user role, while denying access to that category to all other users. Having to add each individual post to the post group is going to be tedious, and there's the possibility that content creators will forget that step during publishing.

Are there any workarounds you're aware of that would automatically add posts of a certain category to an existing post group upon publishing the post?

TIA,
Eric

Hi, there is currently no public API for managing post groups. The only workaround I know of requires custom code and access to the database. It is described here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-cred-post-form-to-set-post-group-for-new-cpt-post/#post-572829

Thanks, but that workaround isn't really what I'm looking for.

Essentially I just want Access to be able to restrict an entire category of posts/pages so that they're only visible to a certain role, e.g. all posts in the "premium" category would only be visible to logged-in users with a "premium" role. This category restriction would be set once, in the post group config, and not on a post-by-post basis.

I poked around and saw several other people requesting the same functionality. I'm actually sort of surprised that doesn't exist already given how flexible and powerful Toolset is. Are there plans to add that functionality, and if not is there a place for me to post feature requests?

Thanks,
Eric

Unfortunately the taxonomy-based restriction you described is not possible right now. If you'd like to request a new feature, the process is to submit a new ticket in the forum using the option "Suggest an improvement". Our developers will evaluate your request and add your vote for the feature, but there's no guarantee they will implement it soon.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.