Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Autofill field with number of children

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 1 voix.

Last updated by dianaM-4 Il y a 8 années.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Auto fill a custom field in my CRED-Form with the number of children of the parent post (number of brothers) .

I have a parent view "frageforum", where all my related children "frage-antwort" (= user-questions) are listed. I putted a CRED-form into the same view, so that users can send new questions. I want to autofill a field in the CRED-form with the ongoing number of question.

I created a parametric-search-view, with filter by parent view, where I only put in the [wpv-items-count] as the output field. And created a content view "counter" with the parametric-search-view. Till here everything's good. If I place my "counter"-content-view anywhere in my output view "frageforum", it shows me the right number of children.

Now in CRED, I wanted to bring in the view as a value of a field. Like this:

[cred_field field='frage-nummer' post='frage-antwort' value='[wpv-post-body view_template="auslobung-frageforum-single-counter" id="$frageforum"]' urlparam='' readonly="true"]

But the view doesn't show only the number. Unfortunately the number is surrounded by a div.

<div id="wpv-view-layout-292-CPID287" class="js-wpv-view-layout js-wpv-layout-responsive" data-viewnumber="292-CPID287" data-pagination="{"ajax":"false","effect":"fade","duration":500,"stop_rollover":"false","cache_pages":true,"preload_pages":true,"pre_reach":1,"spinner":"default","spinner_image":"<em><u>hidden link</u></em>","callback_next":"","manage_history":"on","has_controls_in_form":"off","max_pages":0,"page":1}" data-pagepermalink="/nexttest/frageforum/510-frageforum/?wpv_view_count=292-CPID287&wpv_paged=1">								3		</div>

Is there a way, to put in only the displayed number?
Or another way, to put the number of brother posts into a custom field of my CRED-form?

I found this post for implementing the parent ID:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/auto-fill-parent-field-in-cred-form/page/2/
Is there a similar way to display the children-number of the parent ID?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry, I found another way by myself.
I figured out, that the view didn't fit my need. So I added a new shortcode for the post-number. Here my result, for those who may need it:

add_shortcode('current-nr', 'current_nr_func');
function current_nr_func($atts, $content){
    $queried_object = get_queried_object();
    $parenttitle = get_the_title($queried_object);
    // searching for children
    $query = array(
        'post_type' => 'THE-SEARCHING_POSTTYPE',
        'post_parent' => $parenttitle,
        'post_status' => array('publish', 'pending', 'draft', 'auto-draft', 'private'),
        'numberposts' => -1
    );
    $mynr = count( get_posts( $query ) );
    return $mynr;
} 
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.