Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Author pages causing a critical error

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 2 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do? Display author pages without critical error

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? i can provide links privately

What is the link to your site? i can provide links privately

Several years ago Toolset helped me create Author pages for authors of blog posts on my website. Several months ago those stopped working and now cause a critical error if the user clicks any links to the author pages.

I had help getting the Author set up/generated, to begin with (as I am not a proficient coder), and I believe we added some code to the functions.php file of my WordPress Theme. Probably Toolset and WordPress have updated so much since the original implementation that automatically generating Author pages that I can style using Content Templates might be done differently these days.

For the time being, I have taking links to any blog posts of the website so users don't too easily click links to author pages and see the critical error alert, but I am wondering if a Toolset support agent could take a look at the current site to see if there is an easy fix to this problem as I would like to put the website blog back on the main menu.

I can provide a link to the website and the relevant pages in a private message.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - sure.

Can you please share problem URL where I can see critical error as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

The issue was I've commented the following line of code within your functions.php file at line #408 which was not used actually:

//$post_id_atts = new WPV_wpcf_switch_post_from_attr_id($atts);

Can you please confirm it works as expected now.

Hi Minesh,
Thank you so much - it does now work!
I very much appreciate your help in taking a look for me.
So this line of code must have been necessary previously, but is no longer necessary. Is that correct? (Since it's been in there since the beginning of the site build and the site used to work fine with it there.)
Katrina

Minesh
Supporter

So this line of code must have been necessary previously, but is no longer necessary. Is that correct?
==>
Yes - that line of code is not required now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.