Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Archive Page displaying too many results

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by joshM-4 Il y a 7 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 12.08.41 PM.png

I am trying to: update the custom archive page for my "events" post type so that it is sorted by the event-date-start custom field in ascending order. I am also trying to use a filter so that once the event start date has passed, the event will then be hidden.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the 3 events that are scheduled for the future, in ascending order

Instead, I got: all 4 of the events (3 future, 1 past), repeated in a random order.

I went ahead and created a login for you to hopefully make this easier.
U: Toolset
P: thanksforhelping!

Please let me know if there is more you need from me!

Thanks,
Josh

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm afraid that you can't modify the query of an Archive page currently within Views as the query of archive page is defined by WordPress. Archives, Taxonomy and user Views can't have a Parametric Search for now.

But the good news is that we have added the functionality to filter the archive view in next release so that you can filter your archive view with the custom field.

Thank you Minesh, that sounds good.

I'll use it as it is now and take advantage of the filtering in the next release!

Have a good one!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I've good new for you.

We have released Toolset plugin new version today. Could you please go to download page and update your plugins:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Now you will find the parametric search with WordPress archive.

That's great- thank you, Minesh.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.