Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Am I correct that the Views Block does not allow sorting by custom fields?

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Gavin Il y a 3 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I would like to sort posts by a Custom Date field. There does not appear to be a way to do this with the Views Block. I used to use the old (legacy) Views and I could do this.

If you select the top-level View block in the Block Editor, you can use the Ordering Settings panel to select a custom field for sorting the results. Is that what you're looking for?

Hi Christian. Very weird. There must have been a bug. This was on a fresh clean install. The custom fields were not showing. So I de-activated the Blocks plugin and installed Views instead. The same thing happened. The Custom Fields were not showing up. So, I deactivated and reactivated the field group and updated it (saved it again), then the custom fields appeared in the ordering dropdown in Views. I've not switched back to Blocks yet. I created the Custom Fields first then activated the Blocks plugin. Worth investigating.

Thanks Christian - see my reply. The Custom fields were not showing up in the ordering dropdown. I deactivated and reactivated and then saved, then they showed up (in Views - not tested with Blocks yet).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.