Skip Navigation

[Résolu] All of a sudden website only shows in first language

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
When we switch to secondary language of the site all pages that are using Views somewhere shows Blank page or White Screen.

Solution:
- Problem gets solved after increasing WP Memory. Add this in the wp-config.php file of your site to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Please enable Debug mode and visit the blank page to see if any errors are there. Normally such blank pages show some errors on the page once we enable Debug mode.

Relevant Documentation:
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Noman Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Noman.

Auteur
Publications

I have set up a website for a client some month ago and today when checking the site I notice that the home page and other listing pages only show blank. Only the in the first language english (WPML) all pages show fine. When switching language all pages that use Views somewhere go blank.

If I check the source code, I can see that the source code in the blank pages differs and stops after the body tag:

<body class="home blog logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support"><div class="widget widget_nav_menu">

While the english version the code goes on like this...

<body class="home blog logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support"><div class="full-bg header-top">
    <div class="container ">
     <div class="row">

The page is up and running for 8 month and all worked fine a few days ago when I last checked the page.

We use "Starter Theme" with the Real Estate installation and WPML.

URL: hidden link

Not working: hidden link and hidden link

Please help, we need to get this back running urgently.
Thanks Gregor

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I can see the blank page issue at your site.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
1. I noticed that you are using old version of Starter Theme. First I would suggest you to please update it to latest v1.3.9

2. Secondly, please enable Debug mode and visit the blank page to see if any errors are there. Normally such blank pages shows some errors on the page once we enable Debug mode.

Please note that you’ll see everything, not only related to our Plugins.

This will most likely include messages from other plugins, your theme and sometimes even WordPress core. The messages appear all over the place.
Sometimes they appear right on top, but they can also appear in the middle of the page.

DOC:
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

- Please report to me the errors you are seeing, so that we can help you further.

Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-04 um 10.59.14.png

Hello Mo,

I did what you said and set wp_debug to true and got this messages on the blank pages:

Index DE
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /usr/www/users/scnofl/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Lexer.php on line 249

Agents:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /usr/www/users/scnofl/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php on line 171

Houses Listings
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /usr/www/users/scnofl/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1841

Apartement Listings:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65552 bytes) in /usr/www/users/scnofl/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 477

So what I did was to add: define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); to my config file and this seams to have solved it.

I also updated starter theme to latest version hoping a problem I had since the last update was solved but sadly it still exists 🙁 May be you could tell me why this is happening...
Please look at the menu when it has changed to mobile view. The Menu icon is not floated right and the opening menu is way to narrow. This happened after updating from v1.3.6 to v1.3.7.

Thanks again, the mayor problem got solved!

Hello Mo,

I think I also found the solution for the menu problem. Inspecting the elements I noticed that the style for the .col-sm-9 container was missing for the mobile screen width so I added following code to my child themes css file which helped:

@media screen and (max-width: 769px) {
.col-sm-9 {width: 75%; float:right;}
}

Thanks again, problems solved!

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hello Gregor,

I am happy to hear that the problems are solved now. Thanks for sending us the info about the memory issue that fixed the problem.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to open a new ticket / post.

Have a great day,
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.