Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Ajax upload in Cred

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 31 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Waqar Il y a 4 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hi there.

How can I turn off the Ajax uploading in Cred? Or to fix this issue of not being able to re-name image files on upload. This is vital for my project / clients as --when I use a plugin called Media File Renamer Pro, it works flawlessly everywhere else but in Cred.

I saw this post but it's old and said it would be fixed (I tried it anyway). https://toolset.com/errata/disabling-ajax-upload-in-cred-forms-stops-forms-from-uploading-data-altogether/

I've seen a few other posts having this same issue and people requesting that this be fixed.

I understand that the Yoast fix is coming in Types 3.1 and that is a w e s o m e. Toolset is the best suite of plugins for wordpress there is and the support is truly amazing. It just only needs a couple more things. The image re-naming and to be able to upload galleries. None of this matters if we can't optimize our sites automatically for SEO and easy enough (gallery uploads) for our clients to run the site.

Is there any way I can shut off the AJax in uploads so my image file renamer will work? I'm building a listing site and renaming these files is a must for SEO.

Thanks as always!! and for any help with this matter.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

If you want to disable ajax uploads for images or files in Toolset Forms universally then you should just need to add the following to your theme's functions.php file:

add_filter( 'cred_file_upload_disable_progress_bar', '__return_true' );

If it doesn't work, let me know.

More generally, I understand your frustration waiting on expanded features. Using the built-in Media Uploader in Toolset Forms has been requested for some time, and is always a contender but hasn't quite made it so far. There is a lot happening with Forms development at the moment. The new release (hopefully today) includes the first stage of an improved drag and drop experience for building forms as well as some improvements to notifications, and the next major version will complete the work on the form builder, as well as adding proper support for repeating field groups and post relationships in Toolset Forms. When it comes to the following dev cycle, I will be pushing using the native media uploader again, and I think there is a good chance it might get included then.

I agree we have got to be able to upload multiple files at a time and yes, it's been requested since day 1. I hope it happens one day. 🙂

Turning off ajax worked great and will be easier on my client to upload their images. While when you can only upload one image at a time, it's easy to get lost when you're doing 20 images per post, there's just no speed to it at all. Everything is bouncing around and you end up clicking the wrong (right) place at the same time the preview is popping up. It's a nightmare.

The one thing I also must have is to be able to automatically re-name these images on upload, for SEO. I was hoping by turning off the ajax that my image re-namer would work, but alas.. nope. Is there any possible way to re-name these images with the post title on upload? I'd love for Cred to be able to do that instead of having to have another plugin (I'm trying to use Meow Media Re-Namer Pro but it's not working. Any ideas on how I can make this happen at all?

Again.. Toolset and all you support people are the best in the business. I'm still amazed at how complex of websites I can build with knowing very little code. <3 Thank you Toolset!!!

And thanks again Nigel for the help with this. I'm excited about the drag and drop forms. Will they one day add a simple contact form where a user doesn't have to be logged in to use?

New threads created by Nigel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/split-rename-uploaded-images/

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jason

I have split off the question about renaming image uploads to another thread, I'll look into if further.

Your last question, about contact forms that a guest user can use, there is no reason you cannot do that now.

If Access is active on your site, post forms are hidden to guest users by default, and you need to explicitly set the Access permissions for the form so that guest users can see it.

If you are having trouble with that give me more details, I'll split into another thread.

Hi Nigel, I see the new re-naming images thread. Thanks so much for looking into that. For proper SEO, this is essential. 🙂

What I'm really wanting to do with the forms on the front end for non-logged in visitors is to be able to have them email themselves a listing. They would click on a button to bring the form up, insert their email address, and this form will email them the pictures and information from that post. Is this possible as well? I really don't want people to have to register to use the forms. There will be bounce from that, I would imagine.

Thank you again, man. I really appreciate the help.

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/split-how-can-guest-users-get-emailed-content-from-a-post/

Nigel
Supporter

The guest forms issue was deep enough that I split that off into its own thread, too.

I've answered that one straight away, I'll update the file renaming issue when I have a little time to dig into the code that may be required. Advance notice, I may not be able to solve it in the time I can devote to a support thread, I note other supporters have answered similar questions with a request for the feature to be added.

Anyway, we should be able to close here.

Hey there, Nigel.

The interesting part of this is when I shut the ajax off.. now every time I edit a post, it's bouncing my featured image completely out, which is separate from my flexslider images. That and it doesn't matter what change you make, it just removes the featured image. You can go to edit form for an post.. and even just hit 'submit'.. and poof. Gone.

For now I have put the ajax back in and don't know what to do about it. I actually like the ajax but when the preview appears, that's when the whole form shifts to compensate for it now being there, and you end up clicking in the wrong place when trying to 'add new'.

I guess my question at this point is; Is there a time frame on when the gallery uploads will be implemented? Or is there just a way to disable the preview so everything doesn't shift everything around? The reason I'm asking for an alternative is because I'm buried in work right now and don't really have the time to start troubleshooting it, to see if its a plugin conflict or what is causing that featured image to bounce out.

I'm open to any suggestions / ideas and I can live with it for now, especially if gallery uploads are indeed on the way. 🙂

Thanks for everything, as always.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm not entirely sure I follow, I'd need to see it.

Do you have a development site where I can see it for myself?

I'll mark your next reply as private in case you do and can share credentials with me.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jason

I visited the site, checked the latest equipment post (2010 GENIE S80), reviewed the edit form, and went ahead and edited the post using the form, making a trivial change which I've since undone.

I didn't spot any problems with the featured image. It was there before I edited the post and there afterwards.

Can you give me specific steps to reproduce the issue you were describing?

Hi Nigel,

It's bouncing the featured image out when the disabled ajax is in play. I just now put this code back in and tried it again. If you try it you'll see that the featured image is in place on the edit form, and then after submit, it removes it from the post. 🙂

add_filter( 'cred_file_upload_disable_progress_bar', '__return_true' );

Nigel
Supporter

OK, that was disabled, right.

I can see the issue, and in fact I can reproduce it on a local test site.

I've escalated this so that it can be investigated further, and I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for looking into it, Nigel. 🙂

Hey, man. There's something else that's weird going on in there too, now. I have a view for the homepage that queries the equipment-listing CPT. It returns 1 and I offset it with a shortcode on the homepage. When I make a new listing, the homepage (for weeks now since I created it) has always worked well and would put the new listing in the offset='0' (+1 +2 etc) on the homepage as soon as I made the post. Now... I make a new post and the homepage isn't picking it up. If I edit the post (2 times).. it shows up. Is this somehow related? I took the code that disables AJAX back out (so it's normal) and it makes no difference. It's really weird and just came out of no where. :/ Any help with that would rock too. 🙂

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/split-issue-with-offset-shortcode-on-homepage/

Nigel
Supporter

I've split that issue of into its own thread, and am setting the status of this back to escalated. I'll update you hear when I have news about the disappearing featured image.

Hi Nigel,

I had put this site build off for a couple months while I was building another site and now I'm getting back into this to finish it.

1) It is still bouncing the featured image out after editing an existing post.
2) The forwarding after editing the existing post must have broken with an update. It just shows a number '1' on a blank page.

Has there been any talk of why it's bouncing the image out?

Thanks, man. As always. I really appreciate everything!~ 🙂

Jason

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.