Skip Navigation

[Résolu] after save content template 404

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 4 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Schermata 2019-07-11 alle 07.27.15.png

Hello
after saved Content Template "Vendita Immobile Scheda" the template creates error 404 and does not open.
what can I do to recover it?
The Content Template appears in the list

hidden link

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is really strange. I see 404 error when you try to edit the content template you created.

I've created a brand new content template here and assigned to post type "Vendita Immobile" - I can see its working.
=> hidden link

I suggest you make sure that you used a unique name for the content template you created. If the newly created content template does not work again, I suggest to run a simple compatibility test - In that case:
Please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

I had worked 1 day for the graphic of the template content, cannot be recovered?

Minesh
Supporter

I activated the debug log from wp-config.php file by modifying and adding the following line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

I see few notices in debug log but there is no concrete evidence that why it redirects to 404 error when you try to edit that specific content template. Even I tried to deactivate the Toolset Blocks plugin but still I see the same issue.

The only way is to debug this issue is we need to find the actual cause of the issue and its still unknown. The next step would be to check for the compatibility test for theme and plugin:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Please note that we do not recommend to debug the issue on live site. If this is your live site, please make a staging copy of the site and try to deactivate the theme and plugins and check with only Toolset plugins active and default theme.
OR
You need to go with new content template.

I tried to install the plugins but without result.
I think I have to redo everything.

I can have your advice:
it is better to use wp-types layouts to draw pages or use content templates for similar projects.
I have the need to use types Access for the various text and link fields.

How can I create a single cred form for entering data for multiple languages?
hidden link

Thank you

If duplicate Content Template > Affitto Immobile - Visualizzazione Scheda
i have the new page white!

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

How can I create a single cred form for entering data for multiple languages?
hidden link
==> Can you please open a new ticket for your every new question. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery.

Regarding:
I can have your advice:
it is better to use wp-types layouts to draw pages or use content templates for similar projects.
==> Its basically depends on your need.

Views let you create Content Templates where you insert the fields where you can insert both standard fields and custom fields to the content template. When you assign such a template to a post type what happens is that when the theme renders the output for that post using single.php Views intervenes and swaps out what the theme would render and replaces it with what you have designed with your Content Template. (basically, it's replacing the part of the output that the theme renders using the_content() function.)

Layouts are an alternative way of doing the same thing, and you would do one or the other. Layouts is a page builder and so it gives you some more control over the placing of content within your template, e.g. in columns or a grid. It is nothing you can't achieve with a Views Content Template and the necessary CSS, but provides a more visual way of constructing the page. They are otherwise the same. If you try to assign both a Template Layout and a Content Template to the same post type, Layouts wins at the end and Layout will be rendered.

Please check our recommended themes:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

==> I do not understand this, can you please share more information on this.

I strongly recommended taking the backup of database and website and set up a staging site in order to debug this issue further.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.