Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Adding Testimonials (New child posts) to Existing Bands

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 6 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 18.36.42.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 18.35.40.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi there,

I have a CPT = wedding bands

They all have a biog and videos and playlists etc.

I have been scratching together the necessary pages for Band Admins to add their own data.

I am at the point where the Cred Form to add the First Testimonial is not letting me PRESET the owner.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/

But the issue I am having is I don't want a Drop Down of other Bands Names to be visible or optional in a NEW testimonial form.

Can you advise how I prefill this info into the Cred form so the testimonial is automatically associated with the parent Wedding Band, please?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

The testimonials I have added are tied to the author alright, and filterable to a point in that way,
But it would be great to have them applied to the Band rather than the author in case someone deletes their user or whatver.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Down that page, you will see a carousel of testimonials that are not all belonging to the band you are viewing.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - simply you would like to connect the testimonials submitted by users to brand - correct?

I would like to know from where user submit the testimonial?

Thanks for your reply.

Well -

Bands have admins who are registered users.
I allow them access to a Cred Form to Add New Post.
At the moment I managed to filter the testimonials on the page by "author is same as parent post on which it is displayed".
But really I would like the testimonials to be associated to the wedding-band and not just the user.

Minesh
Supporter

So - have you setup post relationship between CPT wedding-brand and testimonials?

Yes,
Testimonials is Child of Wedding Bands

I am adding the form to a content template and dont get any options to set the form to be anything other than just a form.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share information where you added CRED form and from where it should link to wedding-brand - I mean problem URL.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.