Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Add Media fails from CRED front end

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: When an Author creates a post with CRED, it is not possible to attach images using the "Add Media" button. The Media Library upload interface appears, and the user can select an image. Then the image upload graphic shows an upload progressing, but when that finishes the Author is shown an error "Sorry, you are not allowed to attach files to this post."

Solution: This issue has been reported to the Access development team as a bug, which will be addressed in a future release of the Access plugin. In the meantime, the workaround is to grant Authors full edit permissions to the post where the CRED form is inserted. Then the Add Media button should begin functioning as expected.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 6 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Hi guys,

I'm facing the issue as stated in the title.

Admin can successfully upload media from the backend and from the frontend through CRED while author users can only through backend.

On frontend when submitting they will be noticed that the haven't enough permission to submit files.

I've see it's a known issue checking this thread
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-media-fails-from-cred-front-end/

And applied the patch suggested here
https://toolset.com/errata/upload-fails-wordpress-installed-directory/

But it seems it doesn't work

I can give you access to a blank WP install with nothing more than theme and toolset plugins.

Please help.
Best regards
Carlo

Hi, I'm able to replicate this error when I use a default theme and a clean installation with only CRED, Types, and Views installed. I am reaching out to my 2nd tier supporters to get some additional clarification here. It's possible there is another setting in Access that I'm not aware of that can help with this issue. I'll let you know what I find out.

In the meantime, you can use a custom field to upload images with CRED, or you can force your Authors to add images to post content in wp-admin. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will update you soon.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your support.
I'll wait for a feedback from you, unfortunately your suggestions are not good to me:
- I let users add content only from frontend forms
- I need to enable add media button to load media inside post body.

Thanks
Carlo

Hi @christian-c,

any update from 2nd tier support about this issue?

Thanks
Carlo

Hi, our 2nd tier supporters have escalated this issue to the developers as a bug, but I do not see that work has yet begun on a permanent fix. They suggested an alternative workaround. Grant Authors the ability to edit the post where the CRED form is inserted, and the Add Media button in the CRED form should begin working.

I confirm the workaround is working...
I hope there will be a fix to this issue soon anyway.

Thanks
Bye
Carlo

Ok thanks for checking. I will continue to update this ticket as I receive more information about the status of the permanent fix.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.