Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Access: Post Groups Selection Boxes Not Working

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 1 voix.

Last updated by Dave Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Post Types Inactive.png
Post Exists.png
No Results.png
Active Plugins.png

I am trying to: Use Access to limit specific pages to logged in users of a specific role

I expected to see: The search and drop down fields that allow you to select posts and post types to add to the group either in the modify or creation sections of a Post Group allow me to select the posts to include in this group.

Instead, I got: The search field always returns no results or an error and the drop down box is populated with all existing post types, but they are greyed out and not selectable.

I have deactivated every plugin apart from Access and the problem is unchanged (the debug included is taken with only Access active). I have seen reports that this is an issue that has come up before such as in this post: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-groups-not-showing/

However, the fix outlined there is very outdated and no longer applicable. As such I am at a complete loss as to why it is not working. Everything is up to date and I need this functionality so if I cannot use Access I will be forced to find another plugin.

Thanks in advance.

Ok, never mind. Turns out that you need to activate it in the Access Admin for the pages post type before it will be selectable in the Post Groups.

Although I figured this out in the end, this is really not an intuitive way of handling this and at the very least an error or warning message in the Post Groups section to warn and direct the user to help this flow better.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.