Skip Navigation

[Résolu] ABC Filter with taxonomie

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 34 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by HenrykI1899 Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Henryk

I visited the page hidden link and see that you have add an "Alle" link.

I think you are perhaps trying to be too clever. That link simply needs to point to the same page, i.e. hidden link. You don't need to come up with any new taxonomy terms etc.

I edited the view "Nigel 2" so that the loop output section looks like this:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<a href="[wpv-post-url id='10652']">Alle</a>
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
        	[wpv-taxonomy-link]          
		</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Keine Trainer gefunden[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

The id of 10652 is the post id of the page where the view is added, i.e. page nigel-page-2

So currently there are two "Alle" links, mine and yours.

Hi Nigel,
thanks for your Imput. But how is you "Alle" working? I have to see alle entries of the taxonomies. But you "Alle" is not doing anything.
Thanks Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, of course, the view was just added to a page which wasn't displaying anything other than the view, I have set up an archive layout for "trainers" and modified the link so that it points to that archive rather than to the test page.

That is what I was aiming for...

Hi Nigel,
thats looking good. Thanks! And make a Dokumentation for other people, that would help!
thank very, very mutch
Henryk

archive_4.PNG
archive_4.1.PNG
archive_3.PNG
archive_3.1.PNG
archive_2.PNG
archive_2.1.PNG
archive_1.PNG

Hi Nigel,
sorry for asking again. I change name and now I see the name of the trainers at the abc twiece. Not so easy to understand what to change. And maybe I find a bug. As you can see at the screenshots, i not been able to tell the [wpv-post-title][wpv-post-body view_template="archive-trainer-abc-loop"]
that there should not be an fielt selected.
Maybe i have done some other doubled. Its not easy to understand this all works.
thank you
Henryk

Hi Nigel,
I fixed it myself. But the Gui makes me crazy. Some content template , than Layout, than View, than archive. And all looks the same.

so lets go on
Henryk

Hi Nigel,

I have lost the site hidden link

Now I have done it with
hidden link
but I don´t know why but I have lost some Layout for the output. Can you explain me what I have done wrong with the site
hidden link

I need to understand how to do this
sorry for my fault
Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

Let's review how this works.

You have an initial page that shows all results and has the as-yet-unselected alphabet filters at the top.

This is the archive page for your post type.

You need to set up a custom WordPress archive for this post type. If you are using Layouts you can do so using an archive cell and assigning the Layout to the archive for this post type.

For your trainers post type you have created a static WordPress page trainer-abc, but that doesn't display anything (except the alphabet view which you have added).

I made a new layout "Trainer archive", assigned it to the archive for trainers, and in the layout itself I added an archive cell, for which I used an existing archive you already made called "WordPress Archive Trainer ABC".

So visiting hidden link that appears to work.

When you click on a letter that takes you to the taxonomy archive for that term (for the letter).

You need a layout assigned to the taxonomy archive which contains an archive cell. You have a layout "Trainerliste" assigned to the AbisZ archives, but that looks like a layout for the single posts, it doesn't include an archive cell. So I am making a new layout for the AbisZ taxonomy archive (called Layout for AbisZ taxonomy archive).

Having done that it now appears to be working, though you will want to tweak it to maintain styling consistency.

In general if you are using Layouts you need to remember to have a layout assigned.

archives2.PNG
archives1.PNG

Hi Nigel,
thanks for clearifing. There some things that are making me confusing (hopefully this is other with layouts 1.9) there are some archive layouts in "Wordpress Archives" and in Layouts. See the screenshots. which is used for what? Are there the same only with other names?

Thanks Henryk

Hello Nigel,
sorry but your design is not working, because i have not only "trainer". There are "Vereine" and "Fussballer". But the archive usage is only designed for one Post type. So the "A-bis-Z" archive is only ones there. I need some "A-bis-Z-vereine" and "A-bis-Z-fussballer". Or is there a solution with Layouts 1.9 beta?
We can install it maybe.
Thanks for Help Henryk

archive_a-z.PNG

Hi Nigel,
I would like to deleting some single page layout or some from testing. All works fine, but if i said to trash than I see the layout again in the list. After going to trash and say deleting permanet nothing works. You can test with "Layout für Projekte" or "Vereine als Bilder" . I have deaktiveded some more plugins but nothing helps. So maybe we can change to Layouts 1.9 beta.
thanks Henryk

Hi Nigel,
I find the bug. If you make an export of the layout to your directory, maybe httpdocs/pruessligen/wp-content/themes/toolset-starter-child/dd-layout*** ant the layout templ are still on this place, you can´t delet. thats maybe only a child theme bug.
and sorry the "A-bis-Z" is an taxonomie and i can not make 3 A-bis-Z taxonomies. I hope we can do it with layouts 1.9.
thanks Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

I'm not sure about the problem you are having deleting unwanted layouts but as far as using an ABC filter across different post types, well, I'm thinking over that now.

I had to re-think the other similar ticket to work on category archive pages and I might try a similar solution for your case. I'll update you later with how I get on.

Hi Nigel,
thanks for your replay. For you to know: I have updated to view 2.3 beta1 . And would like to update to layout 1.9 beta as well. Is this OK for you? I think some confusing problems would gone with layout 1.9 beta. Will you do the update, or should I do?. And I have seen, that you have done some coustom coding for https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wordpress-archive-alphabetical-pagination/
so this seems to be a similar solution for me.
thanks for you hard work! Henryk

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.