Skip Navigation

[Résolu] ABC Filter with taxonomie

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 34 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by HenrykI1899 Il y a 7 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
make a view of all trainer with an ABC. I have used an taxonnomie for that. But the view that I have created will not work.

I visited this URL:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/abc-filter/
and this
hidden link

I expected to see:
a result like
hidden link

Instead, I got:
nothing than this
hidden link
see screenshot

I would like to give you access to my site, to see what wrong.
maybe the code from sridharkatakam is not working any more. Or is there another solution?
thanks for help Henryk

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I tried to check the issue with the problem URL you shared with me but the page is not loading, maybe its restricted page.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I loggedin using access details to your site and I checked the views settings.

There is nothing configured in View's loop output editor section that's the reason it's not displaying anything.

I suggest you follow the guidelines how to build parametric search view:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

After reviewing the links your shared that user sridharkatakam looks like using custom code.

Hello Minesh and Nigel,

sorry there are two views (ID 10614 and 10623) and in both loop output editor fields there are code inside. So I don´t understand your answer?
I think it would be easier for us If you would put the right code in "Trainer ABC test" so that I can see how to do the ABC Filter für Trainer. Or you can send me a side where I can see how to do that. The reference to https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
does not help in this way.
maybe Nigel can help me.
thanks for help.
Henryk

Minesh
Supporter

Ok sure. I'm passing this ticket to Nigel. Please hold on for further update.

Hi Nigel and Minesh,
i find this site:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/a-to-z-filterable-glossary-using-typesviews-isotope/
but the url is not there.
hidden link
This could help other people to start with parametic search
thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Henryk

I went in to your site and made a new View ("Nigel View") and added it to a page ("Nigel Page").

I added a search filter with fussballer_alphabete terms as radio buttons.

So you can click a radio button for, say, K, and it shows just the K posts.

It would be trivial to hide the radio button and make the label text (e.g. 'K') clickable if the markup produced wrapped the inputs with the labels. Unfortunately it doesn't and so it's not.

I'm guessing you would prefer to not see the radio inputs.

So, I edited the filter so that it uses checkboxes instead, which is how I have left it.

These do wrap the inputs with the labels so that it is possible to hide the checkbox itself with CSS and click on the labels, e.g. using input[type="checkbox"] { visibility: hidden; }

But, the problem with this approach is that you can select multiple checkboxes, i.e. to go from 'C' to 'K' you would have to deselect 'C' and then select 'K', otherwise you end up with 'C' and 'K'.

You could probably fix that with a simple bit of jQuery.

Alternatively, you could just add this as a select box and you wouldn't have any such issues.

If you want to display the whole alphabet as is in the first of your links, then that it not really a filter. Instead you use a View that returns all of the taxonomy terms and then in the output section display the taxonomy term title (i.e the letter) as a link to the taxonomy archive.

(I tried that with a taxonomy view Nigel 2 which I added to a page Nigel Page 2. It appears to work, but the taxonomy archive doesn't. Clicking a letter should take me to the taxonomy archive (e.g. list the posts with the alphabet taxonomy term 'K') but it is not returning any results. I'm not sure why.)

Let me take a breather here to hear back from you...

Hi Nigel,
this solution Nigel 2 hidden link seams to be the best. How to output the new pages (hidden link). They are all not static.

the other way with isotope will not work eather.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/a-to-z-filterable-glossary-using-typesviews-isotope/

And Luo Yang from your support has delieted this site
hidden link

maybe he can help with the isotope version.
hidden link

by the way: this kind of filter is asked very often here in the forum. Why don´t you have an working solution for that?
I hope we find an working solution for that filter.
Thanks for help
Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

You are right that this comes up often enough, and I have asked for it to be included as a feature request.

(I actually asked for the entire feature to be added, and I also asked for a minor change to the way the markup for radio buttons is generated to make an interim solution simpler.)

As luck would have it I had a ticket with the same request this morning.

So I made a test site and described the steps involved for the other client.

Could you please review what I described there and then tell me here whether that solution works for you and if not what specifically you would like to be done differently?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wordpress-archive-alphabetical-pagination/

Thanks

Fussballer-archiv4.PNG
Fussballer-archiv3.PNG
Fussballer-archiv2.PNG
Fussballer-archiv.PNG

Hi Nigel,
thanks for that info. I have done like you said, but there must be something wrong. Can you let me look insite you testing solution, or could you make Id happen in my site?

Here are some screenshots what I have done . I changed the hidden link
site.
thank you for help
Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Henryk

I think it is just because you are using Layouts and there was no layout assigned to the a-bis-z archive.

I have done that now, including the alphabet view ("Nigel 2") to generate the list of letters on those pages.

The users shouldn't notice the url updating as they navigate between pages if the design is consistent.

You should hopefully be able to see what I have done, if you still have problems let me know.

Hi Nigel,
that looks very good. Now I have to do some "all" feature to see the full result from start of the site
hidden link

I will make a try or hev you got an good Idea?
thanks Henryk

Nigel
Supporter

The view that outputs the letters as links, I would add a link in the output section of that view, before the actual loop output so that it appears only once.

You will probably need to add some styling for visual consistency.

Hi Nigel,
here my ideas:
wpv-taxonomy-archive
or
wpv-search-term

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-search-term param="a-bis-z"]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-taxonomy-link]
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Keine Trainer gefunden[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

both are not working.
sorry that are complicated for that simple usage

taxonomien AZ.PNG

Hi Nigel,
I have done some new Taxonomie "Alle" and gave the "A" an utf8 =U+202F after the "A" so the sorting works. After that I give all Taxonomies A,B;C .. the "Alle" as parents . look a the Screenshot. Now I can sort for all or for the A,B;C ..
The only thing I need is the start with the "Alle"
hidden link
this I can do with an new permalink.
I hope that would help other

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.