Skip Navigation

[Résolu] 504 Gateway Time-out from a Taxonomy query

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ronald E Il y a 9 années.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

As I play around tryiing to figure out how to do things I've been running into a significant amount of lag time and server timeouts. This happens mostly when I query a taxonomy with 1 level of children. Taxonomy looks like this.
Services - root level (PAGE)
-Beyond Therapy (TAXONOMY)
-- therapy service-1 (POST TYPE)
-- therapy service-2 (POST TYPE)
- Hand Therapy (TAXONOMY)
- Physical therapy (TAXONOMY)

In order for Ubermenu's to show this stuff I need 3 levels of interaction that maybe clicked on so I want to account for all user scenerios. If the user clicks on service in the menu bar I would like to display beyond therapy, Hand therapy etc. If the user clicks on physical therapy heading in the dropdown list I want to display a list of all the post types that are related to physical therapy. I also have this in with Headwaythemes and maybe that could be messing with things.

Here's the site: hidden link

From my server guy "It's definitely killing the whole server, the CPU pegs out to 100% and then the whole server starts to become unresponsive. It is apparently spending a lot of time righting and reading from the hard disk."

Let me know what you need to diagnosis?

Then run that query

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Chinois simplifié (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi Ronald,

It is hard to find the problem, I suggest you check these,
Deactivate other plugins one by one and switch your theme to twentyeleven, and test again, find which plugin or theme produce the problem.
Then enable WP debug mode, repeat actions you mentioned above, and post the debug log here.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . 'https://cdn.toolset.com/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root

directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file.

If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).

Regards
Luo

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Chinois simplifié (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks for the followup Luoy. I've just installed the updates for View and Types 1.1.3.1 and that has seemed to correct the problem since I can no longer replicate.