Skip Navigation

[Résolu] 4 digit number being inserted at the end of post url

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by joshD-2 Il y a 8 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

a 4 digit number, similar to but not exactly the same as the post id is being inserted at the end of my urls when I save the post.

I'm using ACF front-end form to save the post - strangely, the url without the extra 4 digits also works. If I save again, the same 4 digits are inserted and I get a 404 error. However, it doesn't create another post, so something is wrong with the permalinks.

My permalink settings are the WP setting "postname"

These 4 digits are different for every post, so it appears to be some variable I don't know where from.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what this could be.

More info here - the 4 digit # seems to equal the post id + a variable, but it appears if I don't make any edits to the post, the corrrect url without the number appended is returned

very strange

Dear Josh,

It is abnormal, please try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.

Thanks Luoy, I sourced it to some cred code I added a while ago to functions.php from a suggestion on this forum.

Removing it fixed the issue, thanks again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.