Skip Navigation

[Résolu] 3rd party shortcode interference

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 4 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I have successfully used the GP Social Sharing plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/gp-social-share-svg/ ) by the author of the GeneratePress theme throughout my site except for one page with a view of posts.

I use it with the shortcode [gp-social] inserted at various points on my site.

You can see the staging site with the problem page here: .../blog-test/

You can see it work successfully here:
.../the-asc-research-project-final-report-is-out/ (a single post - it works on all the single posts )

and here on another view: (a post category archive with a view)
.../category/community-theatre/

So why does it not work on this page where I used the views block editor to create a view of posts?

Note the ending shortcode [/tb-dynamic-container] which appears in the error at each post on the blog-test page.

I contacted the plugin author (Tom at GeneratePress) and he said it is a lightweight plugin used on 1000's of GeneratePress sites with no interference. He said to check with Toolset because he thinks the problem is likely at this end.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website and see the problem in URL:

It should be a compatibility issue, please check these:
1) deactivate other plugins, switch to original "GeneratePress" theme, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, same as your another thread, please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WordPress installation. Thanks

I haven't had time yet to create a fresh site but I will soon. Can you send the private link to pass the duplicator details?
Thanks so much.

By the way, have you ever had anyone notice that restoring a site with duplicator broke some views? I noticed this on my staging site on the same server as my production when I was copying in the database from my production site. Everything was good except one view had the post type checkbox unchecked for any post, it lost the query filter and it lost all the code from the search. Very weird. I fixed it and it is still on my staging site and works Ok but it was very worrying.

Private message enabled, and for the question:
have you ever had anyone notice that restoring a site with duplicator broke some views?

I don't see similar report, and if the custom post types are created with other plugins, you might need to activate those plugins too.

Thanks for the details, the problem is in GP Social Sharing plugin side:
see the source codes of plugin file:
\plugins\gp-social-share-svg\inc\gp-social-settings.php, line 311:

$excerpt = wp_trim_words( get_the_content( $id ), 40 );

It only retrieve the raw data from post content, but does not parse the shortcodes in post content, so conducts the problem.

Currently, I suggest you remove that line, save your page(reset view's cache), and test again.

Since you can contact the plugin author, you can check it with the plugin author too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.