Skip Navigation

[Résolu] 2 of 13 checkboxes show no result in search

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I have a checkboxes group custom field with several options. Two of the options display no results in a custom search View, even though several posts have those checkboxes checked.

Solution: Ensure there are no commas in the checkbox name or value. Commas seem to be causing problems with search. For best results, use simple text only without punctuation or special characters.

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by MargeP6083 Il y a 3 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to find out why 2 checkbox fields are showing no results in a search view. All checkboxes are in use on user profile posts. 11 of those check boxes return users. 2 of those check boxes return no results. This is a new behavior.

I moved to a staging site for testing and same behavior. Deactivated non-toolset plugins and same behavior.
Created a single field search view. Same behavior. hidden link
The two fields not working are Mobility and Medical Condition. All other text boxes work. hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link and hidden link

I am including login to the staging site in case you want to deactivate plugins or copy files.

Okay thanks, I don't see anything obviously wrong, so I'm going to create a site clone and run some tests locally. I'll update you when I have some information to share.

Okay after running some tests I can see the problem has something to do with commas in the checkbox contents. Notice that the two checkboxes that are not working correctly are the only two that contain commas in the checkbox values. I edited those checkboxes in the staging site to remove the commas. Now the checkboxes are:
- Mobility (ie. crutches or wheelchair)
- Medical Condition (ie. cancer or MS)

1. Can you confirm the search feature is now working as expected for existing posts?
2. Can you confirm the search feature is now working as expected for new posts?

That worked! No commas in fields.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.