Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Yoast sitemap and access control

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

good morning
I have enabled access control on the pages because I have 1 registration page that is visible to guests and NOT visible to registered users.
When I create the sitemap with Yoast the whole category page is not displayed on xml file.
If I disable the Access Control plugin, everything works fine.
Is there a way to create a group of pages accessible to all (registered users and guests) so that yoast can insert them in the sitemap? Or how can I solve the problem?
thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I would not recommend using Access and Yoast plugin together as there are known conflicts and issues. The Yoast plugin will actually override some of our Access permissions.

Is there a way to create a group of pages accessible to all (registered users and guests) so that yoast can insert them in the sitemap?

You can actually do this by going creating an access group. Allow the pages that you don't want to be accessible to be apart of that post group.

So what you will do is to not restrict the entire cpt itself but to restrict the specific posts using a post group.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
yoast is one of the most used wordpress plugins, what can I use as an alternative?
can't access control problems be solved?
How can I create a group of pages and make sure that the yoast sitemap continues to work?

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andrea,

Have you tried not setting the permissions on the post type itself ?

Once you have done this can you test that the yoast plugin still generates the sitemap ?

Also are you aware of how to create the post group and adding the posts to a post group ?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/limiting-read-access-specific-content/#create-or-join-access-groups

Please try this test and let me know. The best I can do is to escalate the issue if we can't actually resolve it with this method.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.