Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Yoast SEO sitemap shows private post types (such as nav_menu_item)

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Create sitemap.xml using yoast seo

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
/sitemap_index.xml

I expected to see:
a sitemap with relevant custom post types

Instead, I got:
a sitemap with hidden/private post types

This happens when Access is enabled. If i disable it, it does not happen. Also, if you're logged in as admin and visit the sitemap, it works fine. If you access the sitemap as guest, it shows private post types.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I need to confirm first are you using Toolset Types plugin?

I just checked with post types created using Toolset Types plugin and checked the site map is working with or without Access plugin.

Are you using any other plugin for custom post type as I can see with debug information you shared with us that you are using "your post type" plugin.

Hi,

that is a custom plugin that creates some custom posts programmatically (using the standard wordpress way). The problem is not with those specific post types, but with other post types (such as the ones wordpress uses natively for the menu items or the contact form 7 ones).

Have you checked the sitemap in a browser where you are not logged in?

I have tested locally deactivating all plugins except for WPML, Access and Yoast and I can still see the issue.

By the way, would you mind making this thread private or removing the name of my custom plugin from your reply?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I've removed your plugin name from my previous reply.

Yes - I've tested without login as well. This looks like I'm missing some key information here. Can I've exact step to reproduce your issue with problem URL.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.