Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Yoast SEO not analysing Custom Field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Christian,

Apologies for my slow reply to this, and thank you for escalating this further.

I have been speaking with Yoast support in the meantime too. We have discovered that setting up a temporary user using the 'Temporary Login Without Password' plugin by StoreApps fixes the bug for the temporary user, but the bug still remains for all other users.

I'm not sure if that helps things but thought I'd let you know!

Thanks again,
Tom

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lloyd,

Christian is currently out sick today but will return on Sunday to continue assisting with this one.

Thanks,
Shane

screenshot2.png
screenshot1.png

Thanks Shane.

Just following on, the support team at Yoast have found a way to get this working. It's not the most elegant solution, but I thought it might help you narrow down the issue further for a future bug fix.

Under 'Screen Options' at the top of the page, 'Custom Options' needs to be applied. Once this is applied and the Custom Options edit box visible (it can't be minimised), the Yoast analysis is correctly reading the Toolset fields.

I have attached a couple of screenshots for reference.

Many thanks,
Tom

Thank you, I will pass this information along to the team.

Our developers have informed me that the fix for this issue will be included in the next Types release after Types 3.4.7, which is currently being distributed to clients. I'll keep you posted here as I receive more information about this schedule.

Hi Christian,

That's great news, thank you. Really appreciate you keeping us posted.

Thanks,
Tom

Hello, our team is now in the process of pushing out the latest Toolset release. If you have not yet been prompted to update to the latest versions, you may need to go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, then click the Commercial tab. In the Toolset Installer panel, click "Check for Updates", and the automatic installer should find the latest versions of Toolset plugins ready to install. The fix for this issue is included in the latest updates. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. Feel free to close here or let me know if the issue is not fully resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.