Skip Navigation

[Closed] Yoast SEO and Types conflict with head tag

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I'm using WordPress 5.4.1 with the genesis theme.

Yoast Version 14.0.1

ToolSet Types 3.3.10

I think these two plugins conflict. If I activate both plugins, it gives me an error page on the frontend. I check the source page it has two lines of <!DOCTYPE html> , <html> and <head> tag like below ..

----------------------------------------------------------
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-US">
<head >
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO plugin v14.0.4 - hidden link -->
<title></title>
<!-- Admin only notice: this page does not show a meta description because it does not have one, either write it for this page specifically or go into the [SEO - Search Appearance] menu and set up a template. -->
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1" />
<meta name="bingbot" content="index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1" />
<meta property="og:locale" content="en_US" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="hidden link" lang="en-US">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">
<meta name='robots' content='noindex,follow' />
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried disabling all the plugins and change the theme to Twenty Twenty themes, but still, same issue occurs.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked this on a new installation and I was not able to reproduce the issue. Check this screenshot hidden link

Maybe this is caused by something else that appears only on your site(theme/plugin/or custom configuration). Would you like to share a copy of your website so I can test it locally?
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The topic ‘[Closed] Yoast SEO and Types conflict with head tag’ is closed to new replies.