Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WYSIWYG Field Formatting

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I have this issue on another field called Current Opening Details - hidden link

How and where do i actually "wrap" the field....

[wpv-autop]
[types field='description'][/types]
[/wpv-autop]

This was answered on a previous post before but i dont know where to put the above code...

A step by step would really help...

Old ticket link: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wysiwyg-formatting-not-carrying-through-to-site/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To follow the workaround suggested in the other ticket, you can follow these steps:

1. Please go to the edit screen of the content template for the single business post, and remove the "Single Field" block that is currently in use for the "Coronavirus Opening Details" field.
( screenshot: hidden link )

2. In place of that block, you can add a "Fields and Text" block and then place the shortcode for the same "Coronavirus Opening Details" field, like this:

[wpv-autop]
[types field='coronavirus-opening-details'][/types]
[/wpv-autop]

Important note: During testing on my website with a similar WYSIWYG Field, I couldn't reproduce this formatting issue, even when I used the single field block.

This suggests that there is something specific to your website involved here. If you're interested in troubleshooting this, I'll suggest these steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be investigated in more depth on a different server.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Fixed it using the first method replacing the single field with

[wpv-autop]
[types field='coronavirus-opening-details'][/types]
[/wpv-autop]

Thanks again.

Apologies, still having this problem on my business posts but now on the description field which is not a toolset custom field. Its the current Post Post Content (Body) field.

How do i wrap this in the tags assuming this will also be the same fix....

[wpv-autop]
??????????????????????????
[/wpv-autop]

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

For the "Post Content (body)", you can replace the "Single Field" block with a "Fields and Text" block and use the "wpv-post-body" shortcode:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body )

[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

And if the formatting isn't correct, you can then wrap it in "wpv-autop":

[wpv-autop]
[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]
[/wpv-autop]

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.