Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WPViews now Conflicting with WPForo

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jillT 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

When WPViews (Version 3.1.2) is activated WPForo, which is a forum plugin, fails to work. I have therefore had to deactivate wpviews, which means not all the site is displaying properly. This has only just started, but I can't remember manually updating either plugin in between when it was working and when it stopped.

Both are important to the site, is there anything that can be done to resolve this problem?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When you say WPForo is failing to work. Can you tell please tell me what exactly the issue is? What are the steps I can follow to reproduce the issue?

When you go to the forum page, the page title shows (not controlled by WPForo) but no posts or categories are displayed. If somebody tries to log-in using the login link displayed WPForo it goes nowhere

Minesh
Supporter

Honestly - I do not have any experience with this WPForo plugin.

However - I checked the documentation and I see once you install the WPForo plugin you can access the forum using the following link: hidden link

See info: hidden link

On my local test install where only Toolset plugins active + WPForo plugin.
I tried to access the forum by accessing: hidden link and I can see the forum as shown with the following screenshot: hidden link

And when I click on the login menu - I can see the login form. Please check the screenshot: hidden link

I'm not sure where you want to display the categories or posts. If you can share problem URL with few screenshots or access details I can check this further.

I gave the link in the field when opening this ticket: hidden link

In the evening of Saturday 14th the forum and site were all working correctly. On Sunday morning the forum had stopped working. I have it working now only because I have deactivated wpviews, which means a lot of the site is not working.

Hello,

Minesh is on holiday, will be back tomorrow, I suggest you check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide full copy of your website, you can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk, and share the link in below private message box.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

So we can test and debug it in localhost.

I had indeed already tested plugins (which is how I found that it was wpviews that was conflicting), and theme and checked for errors. However, I have just done that for a second time. Still doesn't work and no errors are reported.

I do not have duplicator and have no wish to install it, nor purchase it (which it seems you have to to upload where you want to). Nor do I have Google drive disk. Instead I have backups using UpdraftPlus.

However, your private form will not allow me to give links to these files

Minesh
Supporter

If you can send me admin access details I will try to make a duplicator package and download it.

However - you need to tell me where exactly I can see the issues as when I try to click on the login link available on right panel I can see the login form: hidden link but maybe I need to login to see the issue.

What information I need is:
- Problem URLs where I can see the issue(s)
- admin access details
- frontend access details if I require to use to login to forum from frontend.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Can you advise me what is happening on this matter please, as it is 3 days since my last post

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry for the late response but we are too loaded at this end. You did not get any updates due to weekend. I will get back to you as soon as I can reach to this ticket by tomorrow. Thank you for understanding.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing all the required details.

I can see that when view plugin is active and when I try to click on the login link on the forum page - the login form is not get displayed.

As I shared the information with my previous reply, that for me with my test site it is not the case and when I click on the login link it does display the login form as I mentioned with my previous reply where I also shared the screenshot:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpviews-now-conflicting-with-wpforo/#post-1554815

The only way I can debug this issue further is I need a duplicator copy of your install. Duplicator is a free plugin. You just ned to follow the instructions given with the following link. You are free to upload duplicator package to any file sharing service and just send me the link to download. If you agree - I will try to install duplicator plugin on your site and try to grab the package. Please let me know.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If duplicator is not suitable for you, I need your site copy using anyway, maybe using All-in-One WP Migration plugin or any other whichever comfortable for you.

Note:
Please note that when you try to share your site copy please delete/deactivate any security plugins like Wordfence.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for the permissions. I'll install the duplicator package and download it and get back to you as soon as I know more. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

I can still see the issue with the duplicator package which I installed on my local test server but when I installed the WPforo plugin on with a new WordPress site where I've installed Types and views plugins, I do not see the issue. The forum page loaded as expected on brand new WordPress install.

I've escalated this issue for further debugging to our next level support. Please hod on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

The issue was - to your forum page, there was a black content template assigned to it. I set it to none from the Content Template widget available at right sidebar on the following page:
=> hidden link

I can see its working as expected. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

Thank you, yes it appears to be working correctly now.

Could you explain what you mean by a 'black content template' please. Also, how could this happen overnight? I hadn't been on the site and the client, the only other person with admin rights, did not change anything either.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.