Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "wpv_get_view_query_results" consuming too much of time

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Access simple page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Load page normally

Instead, I got: Page took too much of time to load and request to "wpv_get_view_query_results" in the network were taking too much time.

Hi Guys,

We have already disabled all the plugins on the website and checked. The website seems to be working fine till be activate this plugin => "Toolset Views". As soon as we load "Toolset Views" plugin, our website slows down drastically.

We also have another website hosted on the same server, and that site seems to be working perfectly.

Also what I discovered was that other admin-ajax requests were working at very normal speed, but the ones with toolset were loading very slow. Please open private message so i can provide you my site details

Hope this added information allows us to resolve the issue faster.

Hi, I'll be glad to take a look. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here. Please let me know which View is performing poorly, and where I can see the View on the front-end of your site.

Hi just a quick update to let you know I'm still working on this and I will update you as soon as possible.

Okay I made a clone of your site so I could run tests locally. First let's discuss the single Look page: hidden link

The main thing I see here is that there are quite a few nested Views and Content Templates, so it's difficult to process everything. For example this content template:
hidden link

...contains this View:
hidden link

...which contains this Content Template:
hidden link

...which contains this View:
hidden link

...and so on in several Content Templates and Views. This type of nested structure is processor-intensive, because of the number of nested loops and queries that must be performed. As a test, please edit the Content Template here:
hidden link

Temporarily remove this line:

[wpv-view name="look-template-product-list-22" ids="[get_remaining_product_ids_look]"]

Now refresh the Look page. In my local testing, this considerably increased the performance of the page. Is that the case in your live site? Let me know what you find and we discuss some options.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.