Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-post-author] shortcode showing different author when in a div

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tylerR-3 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there, this is a bit complicated to explain but I'll try my best. I have a real estate site and trying to use the [wpv-post-author] to display the author of the property (want to do some css targeted to all the posts by a certain author).

My real estate theme is set up so that a custom template page made in visual composer with shortcodes is how all properties on the site display. Each agent/user is the author of a property, however the template page is made by the admin, so it gets a bit complicated when trying to show the property author.

When I enter this shortcode into the template page, it works perfectly and displays the correct agent/author:

[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='nickname' id='$parent']

However, as soon as I enter this in the template page (using the text tab for the WordPress page to wrap a div around a section of the template using the agent/author nickname as the class), it reverts to the template author, which is the admin, and won't display the agent/author name anymore:

<div class="[wpv-post-author format='meta' meta='nickname' id='$parent']">{some-content}</div>

How can I get this to display the author name while still in the div?

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I took this code and test it and the information was displayed correctly in both cases for me.

Taking a look at your plugins list I noticed that you have quite a number of them installed.

This is what could be causing your issue. What I recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and check again to see if the issue remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, I ended up using a 'do_shortcode' with the same shortcode directly in my page template instead of the editor and it worked.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.