Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpv-login-form doesn't work

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi guys,

wpv-form-login isn't working right.

I've set redirect to home page but once I log in I end in home page without actually loggin in.
I mean I get home page but it's a sort of cached version (I doesn't see the admin bar) and no cache plugin is working.
Also accessing wp-admin ends up to the admin dashboard so I'm effectively logged in.

Also I can get a "logged in version" of home page... even if I refresh I still get this "unlogged version" been reloaded

I've tested the behaviour on an empty test site and getting the same result.
Please have a look.

I'm not sure if it's related to this but it seems like the last update broke the wpv-login-form behaviour.

Best regards
Carlo

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.27.31.png

Hi Carlo

I quickly set up a test site and it worked as expected.

I have a static home page which outputs the name of the current user (toolset when I'm logged in).

I have a log-in page with the login form, set to redirect to the home page on success.

In the screenshot you can see what happened when I logged in from this page, I was redirected to the home page and logged in successfully.

When I visited the link you provided I tried to log in with the credentials you provided and it did not work.

But I cannot get access to the back end (I tried to visit test/wp-admin and got a 404 error) to see how you have set this up to know what might be the problem.

I'll set your next reply as private.

Can you let me know how I can access the back end?

Nigel
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 13.02.30.png

Hi Carlo

I just tried the new credentials and it logged me and redirected me to the homepage, showing the admin toolbar, as per the screenshot.

Try with the same credentials in a different browser?

No way,

I tried with safari and even with firefox... I actually don't use... but both gave me the same result... homepage redirect and no admin bar.

Could you give me access to a demo install of your own?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Carlo

I've set up a simple test site on an online server.

Visit this page: hidden link

Your login credentials are username: carlo, password is the same password you created for the toolset user on your site (I can't send you private messages in the forum).

It worked as expected. You can see there is a login page with the login form shortcode, set to redirect to the homepage.

On your own site did you try logging in as the user you created for me? In case there is some problem with your user profile?

Hi Nigel,

thanks for your help.
I'm able to login in your install wp.

I'm wondering if the issue is due to the fact that your homepage is a static page while mine is the blog page.

hidden link
Here you can find a video showing the issue I'm facing... If you want I can send you a duplicator package of my install.

Thanks
Carlo

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Carlo

Changing the front page to the blog roll doesn't make any difference on my own test site.

I have access to your site, let me grab a duplicator myself and install it locally to test.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Nigel
Supporter

Carlo

Before I take a duplicate, I notice that you have a security plugin installed that limits logins etc., WP Cerber.

Can you try disabling that and see if it affects anything.

Also, having just tried again, successfully, it occurs to me that it is only with your user credentials that there is a problem, so I'll need those to try and reproduce it, so I'll mark the next reply as private so you can share those.

Nigel
Supporter

toolset.png
carlo.png
admin.png

Hi Carlo

I have started over this morning with a fresh round of testing.

I now have 3 different sets of credentials from you.

The initial state I found the site in has the WP Cyber plugin disabled.

I visited your test access page to login with each of the 3 usernames.

In each case I was redirected to the home page and the admin toolbar was shown, as you will see in the screenshots.

I then re-activated the plugin and repeated the tests, and got exactly the same results, which is to say I can't reproduce the problem on your site.

Apart from clearing your browser caches, I'm not sure what else to tell you. There is no point in me taking a duplicate if I cannot reproduce the problem on your site.

I don't see how Toolset would be responsible, because the login form simply logs you in and triggers a page redirect to the home page, both of which are happening. The admin toolbar visibility isn't something Toolset concerns itself with.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.