Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [wpv-login-form] and other short codes have stopped working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tony 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The login page

Instead, I got:

See example page

I think something has stopped working since WP became 5.2.3 and the Toolset plugings were all updated.

I am seeing a lot of shortcodes used on the login page that are not being actioned.

Examples:
[wpv-login-form]
[wpv-view name="get-message-control-for-user-and-display-login-page-content" limit="1"]
[wpv-view name="messages-control-user-view"]
[toolset_access role="Administrator,Editor,Author" operator="allow" raw="true"]
[/toolset_access]
[wpv-logout-link]Logout[/wpv-logout-link]

I am not sure what has gone wrong but we have changed nothing for several months.

Thanks
Tony

Hold off on this as I may have found a reason why this is no longer working.

I will post again when I know more.

Tony

Of course, I'll stand by for your update.

Hi Christian

Here is an interim update as I still need to do more checking.

I have several short codes (the ones identified above) that do not seem to work when I include them in a page template but if I transfer the page template content to the page the page works fine.

The code includes several options depending on whether the user is logged in or not. Login check is done with a conditional.

Everything used to work fine but I think the latest WP update may be working differently.

I will try and track things down further in the next couple of days.

Kind regards
Tony

Okay sure, I'll continue to stand by. Thanks for the update.

Hi Christian

I will close this thread as I have not had time to diagnose fully the problem and title is not very good now that I have a solution. My solution was to move the code from the template to the page (1 page 1 template) involved.

Thanks for standing by.

Regards
Tony

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.