Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpv-forgot-password-form stopped working (WooCommerce issue?)

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeroenD-4 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Reset my password using the forgot password form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: An email in my inbox containing a link where I can reset my password

Instead, I got: Nothing. Nothing in the email logs either (using log emails plugin).

This form was working before but I recently updated to the latest WooCommerce version and read in other (older) threads that there used to be a compatibility issue between views and WooCommerce. It seems the issue is back: no email in inbox and redirect to standard WordPress wp-login.php page.

All other emails work, so it's not a mail server issue.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I see where you mentioned about woocommerce possibly causing a conflict. Would it be possible to temporarily disable the woocommerce plugin and see if the emails are being sent out?

If this can be confirmed please let me know and we can proceed further.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

It seems I was wrong. I have disabled the WooCommerce plugin, yet the issue persists.
In my initial post, I provided credentials for the live website. If you want, I can give you access to the development site so there is no harm in trying out a few things.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeroen,

Yes please provide the access credentials for the development site.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for the credentials, however I tried to log in and the credentials don't seem to be working.

Can you check on them and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

I've updated the credentials.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 2.06.41 PM.png

Hi Jeroen,

I tried the credentials again and i dont seem to be able to get in. See Screenshot.

If you try to log in with the same credentials are you able to get in ?

Please let me know also send a link to the forget password page so that I can test it out once i'm able to log in.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

Last time I updated the credentials in the private message. Please use the new credentials, thank you.

The password forget page is located here: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeroen,

Unfortunately none of the passwords that you've provided in either of the private fields work.

The ones here don't work
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-forgot-password-form-stopped-working-woocommerce-issue/#post-1915021

I've enabled the private fields once more, can you reset the password and confirm they work before sending them so that I can have a quick look at the forget password.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeroen,

I'm able to login successfully now. Not sure if this site is the development site but will it be ok to do some testing such as disabling plugins and changing the theme essentially going through the settings ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

Yes, this is the development site. No problem, go right ahead!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for the patience.

I managed to log into the site to check on this for you, however im getting an error 500 on the frontend so I'm not able to go through and test the form on the frontend.

Can you check on this and your server logs to see what is causing this error 500 so that I can continue checking on the site. I do suspect a plugin is causing the forget password not to work but I would like to check to verify this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane

The error occurs sometimes after deactivating/activating plugins. To fix it, simply resave permalinks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.