Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WPML language switcher visible only to admin (creator of layout only)

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eWeb 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author
screen.jpg

I am trying to: switch languages with wpml switcher

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: language switcher in top right corner (see screenshot attached)

Instead, I got: it is seen to me only (not for non registered users, also it is not working correctly with other admins, only me, creator of that layout)
What could be done here?

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

A couple things to check:

------------------------------------

1. Make sure there are no restrictions in Toolset Access.

2. Check Minimal Setup:

A. Update all Toolset related plugins & WordPress core.

B. Minimal Set Up:
1. All plugins except Toolset related disabled
2. Temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress theme (TwentySixteen)

C. If the issue is gone after Minimal Set Up steps above, activate each plugin one by one to find out which plugin is causing the issue.

------------------------------------

Please let me know your results.

Tia, thanks for your help.
Newest updates did the job, everything is working well now.
Take care!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.