Skip Navigation

[Closed] wpml and woocommerce when views is activated no product category translation

This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 9 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author
wpml-woo-product-categories-single.jpg
wpml-woo-product-categories-list.jpg

woocommerce 2.0.10
WP 3.5.1
wpml 2.7.1 and other required modules
woocommerce multilingual Version 2.3.2
VIEWS 1.2.2

With WP Views activated I have this problem....

I have WPML installed. I am following the instructions. http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/
I have no issues with standard woocommerce pages or product attributes etc BUT on Product categories I do not see anything about translation. According to the instructions i should see a language selector plus small links above the categories to the various translations. Once inside a Category I should be able to select a language and supply a translation.

Not sure where the issue is, but I know you advertise that Views is WPML friendly. So I have am asking here as well as at WPML and woo
I am attaching images of my Product Category pages

Currently I am testing the translation setup on localhost so I can not show the issue.

Dear Stepanie,

For some reason WPML is not detecting the product categories is translatable. Does the problem go away if you disable the Views plugin?

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the delay. I was changing hosts and wanted to move the local install online before replying. I now have a testing site online to which I could give you access if you want.
To answer your question, Yes the problem goes away when you turn off Views

Dear Stephanie,

I think you need to update WPML and their plugins to the latest versions. Can you update and try again?

Regards,
Caridad

Hi,
at the time i wrote I did have the latest versions. They have new ones now and I have installed all of them
WPML 2.8.2
WPML string translation 1.7.1
WPML translation management 1.6.1

Now things are actually worse, turning off Views no longer fixes the problem! I know this now points to WPML being the problem, BUT I still need to be sure that both plugins will work together. If WPML can fix their issues I need it to also pass a test with Views on. I have a thread open at WPML, which requires paid access, I am hoping you can arrange access http://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-no-translation-in-product-categories/
or contact their support person Andreas Neuber whose email is
andreas.n AT icanlocalize.com

I have supplied a login to WPML for the testing site which just has WPML, woocommerce, Types and VIews plugins active. It has products, my Types custom fields and view templates. I have reverted it to Twenty Eleven theme for testing. I can supply a login if you would like, just email me at gasonmark AT gmail.com

Dear Stephanie,

I see that Andreas is making progress at wpml.org.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml and woocommerce when views is activated no product category translation’ is closed to new replies.